BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 12:37:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks C&L, I'm looking forward to it.
Now I've got to go out and get all those folks that own Kahr's over here and talking about them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
BeachBoy-
Glad to see you started this forum. I think I will be joining the ranks of Kahr owners. The feedback I am getting from people seems favorable for the Kahr 9mm. My plan is to get one at the March gun show. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
heartless -
Thanks very much for the compliment, but I must point out I didn't start this forum.  
The staff here had already developed it some time ago, but I saw it here mostly empty and all alone and volunteered to do the mod thing for it.
But, let's talk about your decision to get a Kahr.  I think it's GREAT, but there are a couple of caveats.  
The early blue guns have a history of rusting pretty easy.  Some of the first blue and stainless guns had EXTREMELY tight chambers and pretty much would only use factory ammo.  
Some of them can be real picky about mild recoiling, low velocity ammo.  They were designed with +P pressures and slide velocities in mind from the beginning.
And there are still bugs to be worked out in the polymer framed guns, including the slide stop spring retainer and mag well dimensions.

Now is all the above bad for a gun that is only 7 years old?
No, 1911's were product improved many times, starting with the 1911A1's and on through today.
Glock's have seen several modifications and improvements leading to today's generation models.
Smith & Wesson improves their guns so many times, they have to have a sub numbering system (i.e. Model 19-5), just to name a few.

I fully encourage you to get a Kahr and if you have any questions you feel I can answer, please address them here or through my e-mail.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Heartless, don't let my carping about the P9 stop you!  I'm a mechanical design engineer and really picky to boot.  To see something get really close to perfection but then blow a detail just grates on me.  Like Beachboy sez, it's still early days for the P9, and they've already made some of the improvements I bitched about.  Could have fixed all them for all I know.  Even with the glob of JB Weld on the side of the frame, it's the one most frequently found in my pocket.

Pat
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top