Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:03:10 AM EDT
A gunshop I frequent has a new CZ 40B for (I think it was) $400.  Are these good guns?  Worth the money?  It seems like a solid piece, and CZ has a reputation for affordable quality, but there is no mention of this pistol on CZ-USA's website.  The controls are a little awkward for my hands, but I'm willing to put up with this in what will be a relatively inexpensive range gun if it's accurate and reliable.  If it's not worth it, I'd just as soon save my money for something else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a deal that fell through with Colt so they put them together and sold them. I like mine very much and it is accrurate as well. They are getting harder and harder to find because they do not make them anymore. The good thing is a lot of the parts are normal CZ 75 parts but not all of them. The price sounds higher than what they used to be but they may have went up. You used to be able to get them for $300-$350. If you want to learn more about 40Bs check out the link below.

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm20
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good gun, not a great gun but still a good gun for the money. $299 at J&G sales in Prescott AZ. I have one and am happy with it. Very good craftsmanship. Shoots pretty good also. Has a rail for a lazer or a light. I like mine. There is a website based on CZ'S only. Forgot what it was thou. Good site. Lots of help if needed.
Buy one, they are getting rare.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
the one with the rail is the 40p, which i dont care for. the 40b is kinda like a 1911 on the bottom and a 75b on the top. best of both worlds if you ask me. i love my 40b oh and btw the sights are the same as the colt defender so night sights are no problem. oh and for mags just use the 75b .40 mags they work fine. but 400.00 is too steep i paid 300.00 for mine brand new last year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I use the same mags in mine that I use in my CZ75B in .40 and you can buy MecGar 12rdrs all day long.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I really like my 40b. I paid $325 of mine so $400 is steep. They are really good gusn though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top