Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 5:52:25 PM EDT
Picked up a Taurus .22 nine shot stainless with a 4 inch barrel today from a place in Ct. for my boys to shoot.  

Any one have one of these and know how they are with accuracy and the like,  I couldn't beat the price.

MDP
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one with a 6" barrel. It is fun and pleasant to shoot and though it isn't a target pistol the accuracy is fine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got one (4-inch blued, adjustable sights) the other week, and I'll be shooting it for the first time tomorrow. Out of the box, it felt like it must have a damn 50-lb hammer spring, the trigger pull (and manual cocking) was so heavy, so I cut a coil off of it, and the pull is MUCH better. I'll follow up on this with a report after I shoot it tomorrow.

ETA: Took it out and fired 200 rds through it just a bit ago. First, holy SHIT it was hot outside!!! Second, the sights were dead-on, right out of the box. I didn't shoot for groups, but I was able to hit a can the size of a coffee cup from about 20 yds roughly 90% of the time, so I'm fairly well satisfied with accuracy. My quick & dirty trigger job of cutting a coil off the hammer spring had no adverse affect on ignition, and it went BANG every time. It'll never come close to a S&W trigger, but the pull is a hell of a lot better than the way it came. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the little gun, although I sort of dislike the polished finish; It'd be better with a matte finish, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one recently, too.  4" stainless.  Very nice feeling handgun, and it is pretty accurate.  I took it on a recent prairie dog hunt, and found that it started hitting very high, so I just dialed in the sights.  I got it on paper a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty accurate when I did my part.

Yeah, the double action pull is HORRIBLE, but single action is nice and crisp, but not too light.  

I might do the coil clipping to see if it helps.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW, fellas...

In case you are thinking about buying the Wolff spring kit for small-frame Taurus revolvers from Brownell's...while Brownell's catalog description states that the kit will fit the 94/941, Wolff's website states that it is NOT recommended for these, hence my clipping the stock spring.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got one (4-inch blued, adjustable sights) the other week, and I'll be shooting it for the first time tomorrow. Out of the box, it felt like it must have a damn 50-lb hammer spring, the trigger pull (and manual cocking) was so heavy, so I cut a coil off of it, and the pull is MUCH better. I'll follow up on this with a report after I shoot it tomorrow.

ETA: Took it out and fired 200 rds through it just a bit ago. First, holy SHIT it was hot outside!!! Second, the sights were dead-on, right out of the box. I didn't shoot for groups, but I was able to hit a can the size of a coffee cup from about 20 yds roughly 90% of the time, so I'm fairly well satisfied with accuracy. My quick & dirty trigger job of cutting a coil off the hammer spring had no adverse affect on ignition, and it went BANG every time. It'll never come close to a S&W trigger, but the pull is a hell of a lot better than the way it came. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the little gun, although I sort of dislike the polished finish; It'd be better with a matte finish, IMO.[/quot

e]

Thats funny, I didn't double action it in the store, only single and it was very nice.  I got home and showed a buddy and he was like, HAVE YOU FELT THIS PULL ,

We tried to do a spring job to, but had truoble getting the spring out and didn't want to take off too much also.  How much did you take off, how many coils?  And did you take the spring out or cut in on the guide?

thanks for the info.

MDP
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]

We tried to do a spring job to, but had truoble getting the spring out and didn't want to take off too much also. How much did you take off, how many coils? And did you take the spring out or cut in on the guide?
To remove the spring, I cocked the hammer, and stuck a paper clip into the hole in the hammer strut. Once out, I put the strut in a vice just tight enough to hold it still, and then used a pair of vice grips (again, just tight enough to hold) to clamp onto the retainer plate and push it down to remove the paper clip, letting the plate & spring come off the strut. I cut one coil off the spring, and then put it all back together. It only took me about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the advise, I'll hop onit  after church.

mdp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top