Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 3:34:14 PM EDT
I just finished my first "action slick job" on a Taurus MDL 85. I used Flitz and a dremel w/buffing wheel to polish all the bearing surfaces. It really made the DA pull alot smoother.  
I'd like to cut a coil off the rebound spring. The trigger rebound is very strong and I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt anything to take one coil off. The DA pull could stand to be a little lighter. I don't plan on touching the mainspring because this is my carry gun. Positive primer ignition is important.
 I tried using my craftsman dykes...the spring steel is just too hard. It made a dent in the blade and didn't even make a mark in the spring steel.
What do you guys use to snip coils off spring steel? IOW, who make a set of dykes that are tough as nails?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
WHAT?!?!?!

You don't have a cut-off wheel for your Dremel?

Shame on you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WHAT?!?!?!
You don't have a cut-off wheel for your Dremel?
Shame on you.

DAMN! I didn't even think of that! Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Wear safety glasses as wheel chunks can AND do fly!
Also touch the end of the spring to a grinding wheel, the heat and the grinding will flatten it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top