Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/9/2005 4:10:04 PM EDT
Was wondering if anyone knows if the +P loads are OK in this little wheel gun. Looking at a used one and thinking about some Crimson Trace Grips for it, just want to be sure it can handle +P.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:26:50 PM EDT
If you're talking about just a regular ol' 85...absolutely!

I've owned 2 of those and they are terrific little snubbies. You may as well practice with what you'll carry or use as far as ammo goes....+P's are fine with those little guys!

HH
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:29:59 PM EDT
HH

yep, it is a plain 85, and I had read somewhere they were OK for + pressure loads, but wanted some independent verification. I don't know the age of this one, it is not new, but is in great shape. thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:21:06 PM EDT
No problem!

I wish I still had either of them back....they are great snubbies.

What kind of grips do yours have? I'm in a karma kind of mood, and I have the beautiful walnut Taurus Signature grips from the last one. I don't need them, and they were never even used. I put Pachmayr's on it at the shop where I bought the 85.

If you'd like them, I'll give them to you. Just let me know your address and I'll send them to you-assuming you need them. They're the dark-grained grips with the gold medallion:

HH
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:54:59 PM EDT
HH

it is very generous of you to offer, at this time I am simply looking at a used 85 in a shop, and thinking real hard about picking it up. Crimson Trace makes a laser grip that will fit it, and I like the Crimson Trace on my S & W 65 quite well. My wife nails pop cans at 15 yards every time with that laser sight. I wouldn't mind having the wood grips as an option if I end up buying this 85, not a done deal yet though. thanks again
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:38:48 PM EDT
Mine handles the +P rounds perfectly. The gun has relatively mild recoil due to its weight. Mrs gorilla has claimed mine as her bedside gun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:53:56 AM EDT
I looked this 85 over again this weekend, I plan to call Taurus with the serial number range just to make sure about the +P. It is in super nice shape, and I think my Mrs. may prefer it to the Model 65.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 5:41:26 AM EDT by elokoman]
With the waiting period in this State, it will be Christmas Eve when I get to pick up the Taurus 85. See, even us older "good" kids are on Santa's list. HH, about those grips, are you still offering? By the way, called the factory and they said I was good to go. I had a store credit from a rifle with bad headspace I had returned, so I only had to shell out a small amount of cash, yep, Santa is going to be very, very good to me this year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:11:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By elokoman:
With the waiting period in this State, it will be Christmas Eve when I get to pick up the Taurus 85. See, even us older "good" kids are on Santa's list. HH, about those grips, are you still offering? By the way, called the factory and they said I was good to go. I had a store credit from a rifle with bad headspace I had returned, so I only had to shell out a small amount of cash, yep, Santa is going to be very, very good to me this year.

elokoman,

I'm sorry...another fella saw my offer and I gave them to him. I am very happy that you're getting a nice Christmas present!

I think you'll love it...I really wish I'd never sold either of mine.

HH
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:19:30 PM EDT
Not a problem HH, sounds like they went to a good home.
Top Top