Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2011 10:51:08 PM EDT
Hopefully this isn't considered adversiting.  My only "business" ties to the firearms industry is that they keep taking my money!  Seriously, I don't benefit from this.  It's just a sweet deal that I thought others would like to know about.

FYI guys, I bought a Taurus 1911 for $449 + shipping (I think it was $15ish for me) from a place called "Larry's Pistol and Pawn".  I had never heard of them, but my transaction went smoothly.  I did call to ask why they were able to beat everybody else (and to make sure they existed, answered their phones, etc.) before handing over my credit card info.  The guy told me they bought 1500 of them!

Here is a link to their specials.  Next to each picture is a number that shows how many are remaining in stock.

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=303

As far as my opinion on the Taurus goes, I am quite happy with it.  I wanted it mostly for fun, since my brother's Kimber is fun to shoot, and I will never carry a gun w/ a manual safety for self defense.  I got a little apprehensive when I read in the manual something to the effect that the gun was designed for military ball ammo, but mine ran 100% with Winchester Ranger Bonded 230gr HP (roughly 75 rounds fired).  It also ran 100% with various FMJ ammo (maybe 200 rounds fired).

Here's a good review of the gun (if you've got the time).  Nutnfancy Duracoated his, so his is a different color. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GlMGVYl4wY&feature=channel_video_title
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

FYI guys, I bought a Taurus 1911 for $449 + shipping (I think it was $15ish for me) from a place called "Larry's Pistol and Pawn".  I had never heard of them, but my transaction went smoothly.  I did call to ask why they were able to beat everybody else (and to make sure they existed, answered their phones, etc.) before handing over my credit card info.  The guy told me they bought 1500 of them!

Larry's is GTG.  They are local here.  Huge shop.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI, I was shopping their site today to see if they had any new specials and found this on their homepage.

PLEASE READ BELOW

On April 27th 2011 Our County was ravaged by a series of
Tornadoes and Severe Thunderstorms. All eight (8) of the TVA
High-Voltage power lines that supply our town were destroyed by these
storms. Due to the destruction of the High-Voltage Towers, they estimate
that it may take a week or more to restore power to any part of our
town.

At this time, We very limited Internet access and we are
unable to power up any of our computers. Therefore we are unable check
or update order status, process FFL's or ship any firearms.

Please
be assured that we will return to normal business operations as soon as
possible. We will process orders as soon as we are able to re-open our
store. Thanks for your patients and cooperation during this massive
natural disaster.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They are local here.

I don't know if you can get this message, but I hope your home wasn't destroyed by the storm.  Best of luck to you.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
We were lucky no damage just no power. Thanks. Lots if people need prayers
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
We were lucky no damage just no power. Thanks. Lots if people need prayers
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at this deal... I would have bought one, but the site wanted to charge me $40.00 for shipping which was a deal killer for me...

$450 (gun) + $40 (shipping) + $25 (FFL fee) + $10 (BGC) = $525

$525 is too much for a grey bi-tone Taurus IMO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Shows $699 now. If I would've seen these for $450 before I bought my Tac-ops I woulda bought two of the Taurus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Shows $699 now. If I would've seen these for $450 before I bought my Tac-ops I woulda bought two of the Taurus.

I noticed the same thing at the end of last month.  I think it's because they run "Larry's Monthly Specials".  I bet it goes back to $450 in a few days.  I keep checking in hopes that they will add more specials, but so far they haven't.  

I thought about buying a Tac Ops, but the lack of forward serrations and the awesome price of the Taurus was enough reason to buy the Taurus (I like forward serrations for press checks).  The Tac Ops has a LOT of nice features.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
They had that thing at that price since February. I bet they get it back to that price soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
i paid 699 the day they came out ...ive had it awhile had about 600 rounds thru it ..its still a very nice accurate gun...the only thing i dont like about it is rhe rail....

sounds like a good buy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top