Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 11:17:18 AM EDT
I have been  taking some handgun courses as of late and at the end of the month I plan on taking a tactical handgun class. I am looking to get one of those glock light/laser units but need a new holster to accomodate it and the G19 it is attached to. I see Fobus sells one that is made for Glocks with tactical lights. Anybody use that particular one? Any good?  I see that it comes with the paddle or belt attachment. WTH is  "paddle attachement"?

Any other options for different holsters?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any other options for different holsters?

Blade Tech

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of holster do you want?  You can get thigh holsters or belt/paddle type holsters.  The best thigh rig is probably a Safariland 6004/6005.  They make a belt model as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the Safariland 6004 or 6005 tactical holsters.  For duty carry, the Safariland 6280 series also has holsters for carrying with the tactical light attached and they are also great holsters.  I had one of the Fobus paddle holsters set up for the light, did not like it at all.  It was one of the early models that was eventually recalled by Fobus, because the retention strap was small enough to get into the trigger area and cause an ND.  Unfortunately, Fobus never sent me a replacement holster, as promised, so I never had the opportunity to try the newer design.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What type of holster do you want?  You can get thigh holsters or belt/paddle type holsters.  The best thigh rig is probably a Safariland 6004/6005.  They make a belt model as well.

I'm mainly looking for a belt holster.

What would be the advantages  of a thigh holster over a belt holster?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know what parts it is you need to order to make a 6004 into a belt holster with a 1 1/2 in drop?  A guy I saw was wearing one when I was shooting the other day.  He said he had a 6004 and bought the parts from Safariland to turn it into a belt holster with a slight drop.  It looks VERY comfortable!  A great looking rig and Id like to do that to my 6004 which has the molle plate.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone know what parts it is you need to order to make a 6004 into a belt holster with a 1 1/2 in drop?  A guy I saw was wearing one when I was shooting the other day.  He said he had a 6004 and bought the parts from Safariland to turn it into a belt holster with a slight drop.  It looks VERY comfortable!  A great looking rig and Id like to do that to my 6004 which has the molle plate.

Thanks!

I think the part number you want is: 6075UBL

Gorto - Safariland does not make a holster for the Glock light/laser combo. Your only option beside the Fobus is a Blade-Tech

I also don't recommend a paddle holster for any serious course(s). Find one with belt loops (at least 1 1/2") and get a good quality belt like a Wilderness 5 Stitch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the Blade-Tec. I would stay with belt loops...much more stable platform to draw from. And as far as Safariland...they do make a 6280 that will accommodate a light / laser combo. One of the sergeants on my department uses one. I would strongly recommend looking into the Wilderness belt. I use the 5 stitch and it is the best belt I've used.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top