Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/26/2023 11:18:37 AM EDT
I don't know what made me try this last night, but the TLR7 Sub I use on my HK45C was laying there on the table. I removed the rail key and screwed it onto my USP Compact.

Its surprisingly very solid and doesn't move at all. Even fits nicely in the holster for the HK45C. The light fits nice and square on it.

Multiple rough draws resulted in no movement of the light. I'm going to try it out at the range as soon as I can, but at this point I don't see it moving.

Worst I can see happening if it does move some is shifting forward towards the muzzle some, but again its impressively solid.

Tell me why I'm wrong aka in before "your funeral"

Will update in a week or so after range time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If it works it works!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing, I look forward to the range reports.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, looking forward to the range report.  I personally think you're going to see some movement under recoil but we'll see.  It would be great if Streamlight made a USPc adapter arm for the TLR-7 sub like they do for the TLR-3, then you'd be set for certain with that light.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LV1976:
Nice, looking forward to the range report.  I personally think you're going to see some movement under recoil but we'll see.  It would be great if Streamlight made a USPc adapter arm for the TLR-7 sub like they do for the TLR-3, then you'd be set for certain with that light.
View Quote
Yeah I have a 3 also for it, I did try to see if I could make that adapter work but the height is too different.

It's so much less bulky than the 3. Here's to hoping
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
It will work just fine. I’ve been using a TLR-7a without a rail adapter on a full-size USP for a while now and it moves a millimeter or two fore/aft under recoil, but who cares.. it’s a light, it’s not like it’s sighted in or something. It’s never come loose or exhibited any side-to-side movement.

It may be an issue with a TLR-8 but that’s someone else’s problem to figure out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jafrush:
Yeah I have a 3 also for it, I did try to see if I could make that adapter work but the height is too different.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jafrush:

I bet you could get the Arm adapter thing from the TLR3 and cut the forward-most part of the arm off precisely enough to sandwich it between the front of the groove and the 7sub’s mounting clamp.

Basically a prefitted shim that would stay in place with tension and keep it from shifting under recoil
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be great if Streamlight made a USPc adapter arm for the TLR-7 sub like they do for the TLR-3, then you'd be set for certain with that light.
View Quote

I’d love to see that. The dimness of the TLR-3 and the lack of any light holsters were what led me to stop carrying my USPc. It’s a great pistol, and I’ll always keep it, but I’d like to have a modern light for it without adding an aftermarket rail that makes a light hang down lower.

I don’t have a TLR-7 Sub yet. I’m curious to see if the USPc frame could be notched to work with one of the inserts, but I’d probably be too chicken to modify my frame.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

I’d love to see that. The dimness of the TLR-3 and the lack of any light holsters were what led me to stop carrying my USPc. It’s a great pistol, and I’ll always keep it, but I’d like to have a modern light for it without adding an aftermarket rail that makes a light hang down lower.

I don’t have a TLR-7 Sub yet. I’m curious to see if the USPc frame could be notched to work with one of the inserts, but I’d probably be too chicken to modify my frame.
View Quote

Black Rhino makes holsters that fit the USP/USPc w/ GGG 1913 adapter - I use their ACS for my USPc setup
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:

Black Rhino makes holsters that fit the USP/USPc w/ GGG 1913 adapter - I use their ACS for my USPc setup
https://distortion.io/i/IMG_7730.jpg
View Quote
Interesting.

I have the GGG rails laying around, I'll throw the TLR7 on that this weekend and see if it still fits in the holster I've been using, my guess is no but maybe something a little kydex modding could solve.

Still haven't gotten a chance to hit the range to try it without the key
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Ah, nice, thanks for the info, that looks good. They probably weren’t around when I stopped carrying my USPc a decade ago. Mine is a .40, which I’m also no longer a big fan off, and I put off buying a 9mm because of the light and holster issue back then. Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for an older, gently used one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:24:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LV1976] [#11]

Ah, nice, thanks for the info, that looks good. They probably weren’t around when I stopped carrying my USPc a decade ago. Mine is a .40, which I’m also no longer a big fan off, and I put off buying a 9mm because of the light and holster issue back then. Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for an older, gently used one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Just so you know, you can piece together a complete 9mm factory slide and barrel for about $520.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/USPc9-replacement-slide-barrel/29-208342/
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:27:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#12]
Just so you know, you can piece together a complete 9mm factory slide and barrel for about $520.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/USPc9-replacement-slide-barrel/29-208342/
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. The current prices are painful to see. I think I paid around $750 for my USPc .40 back in 2007. They seem to have increased in price more than other brands over the last 15 years, but I know they're also hard to come by, which drives prices up. I want to keep my .40 as is, and I'm not in a rush to get a 9mm, but I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on one (or maybe a spare .40 frame to go with the 9mm slide assembly).
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 6:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#13]

I don't have a TLR-7 Sub yet. I'm curious to see if the USPc frame could be notched to work with one of the inserts, but I'd probably be too chicken to modify my frame.
View Quote
I have a TLR-7 sub for a 365, can see if it works later.

Edit: screw isn't long enough to spring over/cam on. Not gonna take it apart and try to assemble it on the gun ATT.  Sig version has a good bit of empty rail Infront of the clamp.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top