Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 10:56:00 AM EDT
If you ever want a handgun that goes "ka-friggin-boom" let me reccomend the .454.  The factory grips need replacing (Pachmayr Decelerator?) if you fire it often but it is very accurate and, I believe, the hardest hitting firearm that I have ever owned...Wow..
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The first few rounds were just loud and tooth shaking.  After I settled down, modified my grip and just concentrated on the site picture it got much better.  It will also shoot .45 Long Colt which is a bit easier on both shooter and shooter's wallet.  I believe this will be great fun outside (I was at an indoor range)when I go to the rifle range tomorrow.  It did cause all other shooting in the range to cease...It is a keeper for sure...
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
sloper -  My 454 will finally be done next month!  I sent my Blackhawk to Gary Reeder in AZ for a conversion nearly 6 monthes ago. I can't wait to get it back and go blastin.

I am looking for a good factory hunting load  for whitetail, black bear and boar. If you know of a good one please let me know. Later.
fireguy
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey fireguy...I've fired twenty rounds of Winchester Partition Gold 260gr., twenty rounds of Winchester Super X 300gr. jacketed flat point and twenty rounds of Winchester 45 Colt 225gr. Silvertip HP....either of the 454 loads will work well for you...nice ballistics tables at the Winchester web site....the drop at 100 yards is damned little...a handful of gun...you will love it..
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been promising myself for well over a year now to pick up one of the Taurus Raging Bull's .454, now you guys got me all excited to see what it's like to fire one, maybe I'll pick one up at the Crossroads show in Phoenix in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I'm sure they are fun to shoot, but I can assure you they are not fun to stand next to when somebody else is shooting one. I'm talking about the ported model. They spit out the ports, and I was picking copper shards out of my skin. ouch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top