Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2022 8:39:26 PM EDT
The old lady should really be packing, even when she’s looking cute in a sundress. It is 2022, so what’s a little bulge?

Joking aside, seems like the only realistic way is inner thigh. Carries a kimber micro 380, but could swap in my g42 if I got the right holster. She’s happy with a full leather single clip, strong side AIWB in yoga pants and T shirt, or a double clip IWB hybrid on the hip in jeans.

Not really sure where to look for such a device. Surely there’s a fashionable woman, who takes her family’s safety seriously, and makes something.

I’m guessing that the full rig would be a garter belt like is used to hold up stockings, but instead a holster? Any of the ARFladies or wives actually carry like this? The gun would need to sit up front a ways, and probably be a cross draw (say 1-2oclock on the left thigh for a righty)?

I don’t think a simple thigh cuff style could support much more than a NAA mouse gun. Which is still better than no gun, but, ya know, it’s a 1” 22lr…
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Find Deane Adams line or Anna Taylor on Youtube.

They have a wide variety of elastic based carry options.  Plus, Anna is a hottie.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
cancanconcealment.com They have both a leg garter holster and a belly band with bra hooks instead of velcro.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Phlster Enigma

You really can't beat this thing, I expect it would be quite functional with a sun dress.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phlster Enigma

You really can't beat this thing, I expect it would be quite functional with a sun dress.

View Quote

Can you draw without pulling up the dress past your waist?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not, but if you actually have to draw, does that really matter?  The same would be true for any sort of belly band type holster.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Probably not, but if you actually have to draw, does that really matter?  The same would be true for any sort of belly band type holster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you married? Is your wife going to practice pulling her skirt up that high at the range? Mine wouldn't.

I think the enigma is great for some people. Women wearing skirts is probably not their first choice unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll check them out later.

Practicing that draw at the range, probably not, but we can shoot at our house…

If she ever had to use it, who cares? So what, some people saw panties?

ETA: the cancan and dene websites look like there’s a winner in there. I really like the execution of the cancan garter, but we’ll see what the wife thinks.

I think the lingerie/feminine styling of the cancan is going to be a big selling point. If any color or pattern shows through her dress, it would probably just look like lingerie.

The phlster seems like a neat idea, but I don’t think gun placement will pan out. That seems more like a gym shorts and tshirt solution.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Phlster Enigma

View Quote

PhD in mechanical engineering required.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be careful what you wish for. I’ll post pics of me wearing it and they’ll have to nuke the whole internet. You can google “thiccc girl in sundress” on your own time.

The woman and I went over the suggestions for a bit. We both despise the flashbang concept. Dene Adams has some nice stuff it looks like, but not for her. The Can-Can garter sticks out as a winner, it’s almost exactly what we had both imagined it would be.

We’ll get one on order soon enough and see how it does. I think her kimber (aluminum frame) should be fine, but I think the g42 with a kydex trigger protector would carry better if there’s any kind of play in the system. Just less weight swinging around while walking. With the belt, I don’t think the weight of a steel gun would cause sagging.

We both really like the idea that it rides up high on the inner thigh, and the Elite model and belt have the lingerie look to them. In case any pattern or color shows through the dress, I think that it will be dismissed as lingerie.

The traditional holsters from flashbang look cute, fellas might want to check them out if your lady likes the flowery girly stuff.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
SUMMERTIME CONCEALED CARRY | How to carry (and DRAW) from different outfits and holsters!

edit to add, go to 5:30 for garter
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Just some quick Google-fu reveals this as a reasonable looking item.

crotch carry
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're about to shoot somebody.  What does it matter if he saw your underwear?

If you're worried about practicing your draw at a public range, wear some bicycle shorts or tights.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you're worried about practicing your draw at a public range, wear some bicycle shorts or tights.
View Quote
Lifting the skirt may also be enough to throw off the perp's OODA loop.

Someone who decided to draw a gun may actually want to take advantage of that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
It depends on how big her boobs are, apparently:

Women’s Concealed Carry Suggestions For Almost Any Outfit
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not worried about it. I'm not very modest though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The phlster enigma is amazing.

Look up “armed and styled” on YouTube
Look up phlster’s YouTube channel (phillyedc)

Watch the videos. Learn some stuff. Have an open mind. Thousands use the enigma including myself. It’s an amazing holster system.

Can’t beat it. Use the enigma express for smaller guns.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Look up "armed and styled" on YouTube
Look up phlster's YouTube channel (phillyedc)

Watch the videos. Learn some stuff. Have an open mind. Thousands use the enigma including myself. It's an amazing holster system.

Can't beat it. Use the enigma express for smaller guns.
View Quote
I'm with you. It took some experimentation, some time, and even some frustration but when I got it all sorted out for me it really is a great carry method
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Those of you happily using the Enigma, where does the guns grip end up being for you? I mean fully exposed, under the waistband?
Probably depends a lot on your style of dress but I'm (my Wife/Chic really is) very curious.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
My ex-wife had a clip-on-holster that allowed a LCP to hang below her bustline (from her bra).  Depending on how much of a plunging neck line / fitted midriff your lady's sundress has will determine if she could use one of those bra-clip-holsters.

She also tried an inside the thigh holster that was partially held in place with a garter-belt sort of arrangement.  She did not like this holster as she couldn't put her legs together when she sat down.  She had to place her hands between her legs to "push the dress down" for modesty purposes.

As much as I hate this recommendation ... a clutch purse with a "delicate cross body strap" turned out to be the best option.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
It would make for a hell of a distraction.  

Thief:  "mmmmm.....pink panties........BANG!"
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It would make for a hell of a distraction.  

Thief:  "mmmmm.....pink panties........BANG!"
View Quote

Commando would be a better distraction option.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The "inside the thigh" holsters can also be used "outside the thigh", the dress/skirt has to accomodate that. many do.

Not my experience, my Wife/Chics
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Those of you happily using the Enigma, where does the guns grip end up being for you? I mean fully exposed, under the waistband?
Probably depends a lot on your style of dress but I'm (my Wife/Chic really is) very curious.
View Quote

You can set the ride height. I've worn mine with the grip tucked below he waistline and up higher. I can wear it running without a shirt on and you can't tell I'm carrying.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You can set the ride height. I've worn mine with the grip tucked below he waistline and up higher. I can wear it running without a shirt on and you can't tell I'm carrying.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

It definitely takes some trail and error on getting it right. It's also not cheap just to try it out unless you already have a holster that fits.  I've been using it for close to year with a 43x in a PHLster proseries holster. I still make some adjustments here and there on mine depending on how I'm carrying or what I'm wearing. I think this adds to the versatility of it all. It's not my main carry set-up but I've worn it almost 18 hours straight at one time. Works in a suit with a shirt tucked in or a pair of gym shorts with no draw string.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#28]
No undies and you just bought some extra reaction time as the bad guy will be more focused on the goods and not the gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I have seen a few of these advertised, but can't recall where.  A search should find it.  The models were athletic and hot as I recall.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Look up “armed and styled” on YouTube
Look up phlster’s YouTube channel (phillyedc)

Watch the videos. Learn some stuff. Have an open mind. Thousands use the enigma including myself. It’s an amazing holster system.

Can’t beat it. Use the enigma express for smaller guns.
View Quote

Just watched the video on their website.  Seems cool, but if I ever felt a need to use that, with it pointing straight down at the family jewels, I would carry with the chamber empty and retrain to rack the slide as part of my draw.

Top Top