Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2011 3:58:04 PM EDT
I boneheaded this up pretty good. I took a video to better explain the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJV7UCQtOM
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Insert mag, pull trigger with the muzzle down so the hammer moves forward. The problem is the magazine disconnect. Get a mk2 hammer bushing. Profit. Also, get the volquartsen accurizing kit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Inserted the mag, cocked it and pulled trigger. No dice.  Doesn't even dry fire at this point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm. The mk3 is tricky. If I could get my hands on it, I could probably unstick it. Don't feel bad, you are not the first to have problems.

Good luck. When you do get it unstuck drop a mk2 bushing in it. Some have had to send them back to ruger in this condition.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Muzzle pointed down on a towel or something semi-soft and with a rubber mallet give the back of the frame (lower) a good firm whack to ensure that the frame and receiver (upper) are fully seated together.  Then try to disassemble. The first time I tried reassembly I thought it was fully seated but couldn't get the mainspring back in until hitting it with a mallet.  May or may not be your problem.

If that doesn't help, try tapping the pin that sticks up thru the top of the receiver and is connected to the mainspring housing with a rubber mallet while pulling down and out on the mainspring lever.

If you haven't already, watch this video on reassembly, it's the most helpful one I've found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm2P4kP0
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]
well OP, any luck?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Its simple.

pull and hold trigger, point it down and slam it into a cloth covered 2x4 or hardwood floor covered in carpet with the same amount of force you would use if you were using a fly swatter. let go of trigger and the mainspring  sould come out.

ETA, I had a ruger vid on here, but it sucks compared to the one captain posted.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top