Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2003 5:00:33 PM EDT
Looking to get my first .45, liked what I've seen with the Springfield's, any advice(positive or negative) is greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Get atleast the 4" model, 5" is better. Reliability issues with the ultra compacts. Other than that good luck with your choice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had several.  They're good pistols for the money.  The Milspec I got new a few months ago has so far been flawless.  Eats everything I feed it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my first 1911 last month. This Springfield WW2milspec. I absolutely love this pistol! Very accurate for a bone stock 1911. And for under 400 dollars otd it can't be beat. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the LEGP 1911 "loaded model". Very accurate pistol but has trouble eating some hollowpoint bullets. I just keep it fed with ball.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a Mil-Spec, then customized it myself.  have not had any feeding problems.  I Love It.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Love my (not so) Milspec. I put on a beavertail, extended safety, thin grips. I wanted a bare bones pistol to learn on. If I had it to do over, I'd probably bet a Loaded model.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I too have their mil-spec model. I've replaced the POS two-piece barrel with a Wilson NM barrel. It shoots like a Gold Cup now.

The "loaded" models have stuff I wouldn't want nor want to pay for, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I own one of their 1911 Loaded S/S. 5in. barrel.
I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!
Mine eliminates all the red bullseye of a pistol target at a normal defensive distances with eight rounds.
I've owned many other .45's (Norinco,Auto- Ordnance,AMT Hardballer,Star Model B to name a few)and none even come close to the fit,finish or accuracy of my Springfield. Purchased mine for $649.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Until 6 weeks ago I had a Sprin, Trophy Match. Traded it for a Kimber TLE w/nite site. Great gun I just wanted the
Kimber really bad and not willing to give up my Glock 21 :)
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Mines been perkin' along for over 10 years now with no problems, even with the accurate (in mine) two piece bbl.
Shop around for the best price, of course.
Note the contrast in the upper picture, compared to the lower picture, as far as final frame finish/contour...I would opt for the latter as being a more completed frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top