Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/19/2004 3:54:08 PM EST
I have a micro compact that I use for CCW purproses, and I love the thing, but the plunger tube will not stay on after firing more than 2 mags. I have tried using red "shock resistant" loctite, superglue, and clamping the thing down as hard as I can, but it still comes out.

What is the best fix for this? Will a new plunger tube stay in if I crimp it tightly?

Is it easier to buy a new plunger tube with the spring and safety and slide stop plungers already installed in it? I do not know how to remove them from my existing one anyway.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:14:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:00:59 PM EST
Thanks for the info, SGB.

I think I may just get a new tube and a new spring/plunger set from Brownells. Is the tube on the micro compact the same as on all other 1911's? Brownells sells some tubes from Ed Brown, Wilson, and a few other places. Does it matter which one I get?

How do you install the spring and both plungers in a new set once I get it? My old plunger tube is out now and I removed the plunger that contacts the thumb safety, but cannot get the spring or the other plunger to come out, even with pliers and a lot of force. It also will not push in any more than 1/4".

I would like to fix this problem once and for all, since it has been an issue for some time. Thanks again for the tips.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:40:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 5:41:22 PM EST by SGB]
Top Top