Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:01:33 AM EDT
Took my new SA for it's first run today. It is a loaded 1911 lightweight model. It has a forged aluminum frame and weighs about 8 oz less than a standard all steel model. I put about 250 rounds down range with it and am happy to report that it was very accurate and near 100% reliable. The 2 stoppages I had I can directly pin on my reloads. I had a few cases that wouldn't size down enough to hold the bullet in real tight. I thought I had weeded them out but a few slipped through and the action of firing caused the bullets to retreat a little into the cases. This led to a failure to feed. Overall I am very pleased and confident thatmy next range trip , which is coming soon, will be trouble free!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I sure am glad to hear that. I just picked up a new PX9109l Saturday, but sadly haven't had the chance to go to the range yet. Hopefully I will make it this weakend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I sure am glad to hear that. I just picked up a new PX9109l Saturday, but sadly haven't had the chance to go to the range yet. Hopefully I will make it this weakend.

Same model as I have. I love it, but watch for shooting low. Mine is headed back to the factory right now because of shooting low. New front site and should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is quite low too (also same model). I may send it back once the Micro comes home, if it turns out to be a good experience.  Ten Ring congrats on a nice pistol. welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got an operator, God I love it
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This pistol does not shoot low. Got my ammo problems sorted out and went back to the range. No malfunctions of any kind through probably 250 or so rounds and they were all in the head or the 5x ring of a standard sillhouette at 20 feet. It is for sure a shooter. I still shoot my colt compact just as good but I think Ill get better with the springer over time!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top