Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:25:40 PM EDT
I was wonderful if I need to change anything that would make my 1911 more reliable than when it came from the factory.  Also, is the Loaded Package more reliable than then standard Mil-Spec Model ?  If So, what is different ?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
So far my GI is more reliable than my light weight loaded. I got some Novak mags and now that is remedied. I am also going to get a stiffer recoil spring. I would say if it works good do not mess with it and if it does not work good get on here and describe the problem and lots of guys will help you out. So far most things seem to boil down to springs, mags or extracters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wonderful if I need to change anything that would make my 1911 more reliable than when it came from the factory.  Also, is the Loaded Package more reliable than then standard Mil-Spec Model ?  If So, what is different ?  

Is your pistol not 100% reliable?

If it malfunctioned, how did it and with what ammunition?

My SA GI model is as plain jane as you can get and it's 100%, cant do much to make it more reliable.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is your pistol not 100% reliable?

If it malfunctioned, how did it and with what ammunition?

My SA GI model is as plain jane as you can get and it's 100%, cant do much to make it more reliable.  

The only problem that I have is when I use the factory G.I. Style Magazine.  But I have switched to Wilson Combat Magazines.  I just wanted to make sure that my pistol will never let me down, especically if things like New Orleans happen to me, I don't want it to go down.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Was your issue with the magazine that came with it from springfield or some cheap GI type mags?   Many of the aftermarket no name mags arent worth their weight in scrap metal.    Never buy a blued steel mag with "colt 45 auto" stamped on the bottom unless it has the colt pony on the floorplate.    The springfield armory mags are usually decent.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was your issue with the magazine that came with it from springfield or some cheap GI type mags?   Many of the aftermarket no name mags arent worth their weight in scrap metal.    Never buy a blued steel mag with "colt 45 auto" stamped on the bottom unless it has the colt pony on the floorplate.    The springfield armory mags are usually decent.  

Actually,
I was refering to the mag that came with the gun from S/A.  I mainly use my Wilsons.  You can't compare the quality.  Thank you Mr45auto  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top