Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:28:43 AM EDT
I know I will probably get some crap for this about wolf ammo but I shoot this stuff in some of my other guns with no problem. My AK, AR, G17 gobbles this stuff up like Rosie O'Donell with a box of bon-bons. I have tried the laquer coated ammo and the new stuff. Should I buy a better mag? Any suggestions besides switching ammo because I have tried buying good brand name ammo and I have no problems. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
See all the threads about the Wolf. Some people love the stuff and others like me think it is the tool of the ...

Your G.I. should function with all spec ammunition. Use what works.

MT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem is it jams about every third round. The spent casing gets caught half way ejected in the chamber. Im am using an el cheapo 8 round mag I bought from www.sportsmansguide.com and the clip that came with the gun factory new.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this your first 1911?  Make sure you have a good grip, which is more of a locked wrist than a gorilla grip on the handle (for me anyways).  Proper lube helps alot also.  Worst comes to worst, some guns don't like certain ammo (I get more FTFeed with UMC than any other ammo).  Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
It will never cease to amaze me. I watched my friend do it on Saturday. People purchase the best guns and the worst ammo and can't believe they are having problems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
i shoot wolf in my loaded springfield 1911.  i've shot 300rds of it so far without a single failure.
i will keep shooting it.

clean the gun, buy decent mags, bring a few different brands of ammo to the range and then see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep the gun very clean. I clean it up after every session of shooting. I ordered a Chip McCormick 8rnd mag to see if this makes a difference. I'll keep you updated. I appreciate all the info guys!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quit shooting that shitty Wolf ammo and invest in some Wilson or McCormick mags.

+1
all the issues people have with cheap ammo, and people still post confused why their gun won't shoot the crap
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I know a guy with a Compass Lake match gun who will sometimes shoot Wolf in it and bitch like Hell about the residue and malfunctions. Dumbass!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:36:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I have not had a Wolf ammo related issue with my guns
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quit shooting that shitty Wolf ammo and invest in some Wilson or McCormick mags.

Make that +2
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Get what you pay for
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:03:39 AM EDT
[#14]
In the 1911A1, it is imperative the recoil spring be matched to the load being used.  The springs are available in 1 lb incriments accross a wide range.  

Settle on a load you like,  then do some function firing with different spring rates.  The proper spring for the  load will throw the cases 8 to 10 feet from the shooter consistently into a nice small area.

Cases going too far indicate too light a spring, cases dribbling out indicate too heavy a spring.

Once you settle on a spring/ammo combo, write the loading and spring weight down on a piece of paper, and put it under one of the grips.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny, my 1911 had feeding problems with EVERY OTHER brand of ammo EXCEPT wolf.

I sent it back twice for the same problem because I want to shoot most if not every brand available.

however I did have problems with wolf in my AR.    go figure?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:23:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Ammo80,  I had similiar issues with the 1911 loaded series jamming,  also tro jamming, Called springfield, they said that the gun needs about 500 rounds to "break in"  I have not gotten there yet, but after 300, it seems better.  Buy one chip mccormick mag and try it.  Shooting star mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top