Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 5:36:49 PM EDT
So I have played with these pistols several times, they look like a cz75 copy.  Smoothest action I have ever felt, deff a to die for gun but the $2500 keeps me moving on, does anyone make a pistol that is equivalent for around the 1K mark?  I liked the way it felt, but wow the price is scary.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the Swiss copy of the CZ 75 worth the price tag?   If so, where can I buy one?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The Sphinx IS a really top quality gun.

Originally, it was the Action Arms AT series assembled in Switzerland from mostly Italian Tanfoglio made parts.  Now it's reported to be 100% Swiss, although Tanfoglio may still supply some parts.
It's stainless steel, and is a near-hand assembled gun with really great Swiss quality, thus the retail price.

Other than the Sphinx, your choices are lower down on the quality scale.

The CZ-75 is the original design all other makers including Sphinx have "cloned".
The CZ guns are very nice, high quality, and excellent guns.

Lower down is the European American Armory (EAA) guns.
These are made in Italy by Tanfoglio, and imported by EAA.
These are excellent buys, offering good quality at a price lower then the CZ.
EAA offers more options then CZ, and Tanfoglio's been making CZ clone guns since the early 1980's.
In fact, virtually all Non-CZ copies were produced by or supplied parts by Tanfoglio.
This includes guns sold by:
FIE.
Excam.
Springfield Armory P9.
The Swiss AT series.
The Israeli Baby Eagle and Jericho.
The EAA guns are considered to be a "best buy" due to the price versus quality.
EAA offers some models and calibers no one else does, including conversion kits to allow shooting .22lr.

A new gun on the market is the new Armalite AR-24.
The AR is made in Turkey, and seems to be a clone of a clone, being a modified Tanfoglio/EAA design.
Unlike the current CZ and the EAA, the AR is made from solid forged and milled slides, frames, and barrels.
A number of buyers report good results and like the feel of the grip.
Price seems to be around the CZ price point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top