Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:55:39 PM EDT
Anybody remember what happened to these? Did any make it to the public?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:19:23 PM EDT
I had a Spectre .40 for awhile, sold it right after the ban for trtiple what I paid, magazines were RARE and EXPENSIVE, so keeping it was not in the cards for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:31:16 PM EDT
I'm still here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:16:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Anybody remember what happened to these? Did any make it to the public?

They did make it to the public but the the ban was enacted before they could gain any popularity. Once saw a guy with one for sale WITH A CASE OF MAGAZINES.....that was pretty cool.....never heard much about them, though........
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:13:50 PM EDT
Gunguy, how did it shoot. If you got the time give me a little performance review.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:39:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:34:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Gunguy, how did it shoot. If you got the time give me a little performance review.

It actually was pretty fun in a very heavy sorta way. It weighed a couple pounds shy of a ton, but actually shot very well, it was put together very well for what it was. (an expensive bullet hose)
I really would have liked to keep it, but in my area, I could not procure enough mags to justify keeping it. Mags, when I could find them were upwards of $70, too much for a college guy. While it was pretty accurate, it was difficult to shoot as it was so big and chunky. Very reliable, and well built, and the CDI factor was up there! All in all, a very good weapon that was introduced a couple of years too late to make a real impression.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:02:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the run down gunguy. I was really wanting to get one when I first heard about them. But at the time I had a more expensive, demanding hobby. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:51:54 AM EDT
triple ......how ? why after the ban ?what could the ban possebly have to do with the price of tea in china for that matter.fill us or me in please.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By scooper:
triple ......how ? why after the ban ?what could the ban possebly have to do with the price of tea in china for that matter.fill us or me in please.

ummmm! It was an "evil assault weapon" after the ban people with a lot of money and more need for it than me made ridiculous cash money offers, and being a poor ass college student, well...! As for what the ban had to do with it, there were only a limited number of Spectre's in circulation before the AWB came down, and since they were big ugly and black EVERYBODY wanted one since they were no more!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:48:29 PM EDT
The Spectre was the Semi-Auto version of the Italian Sites Spectre SMG!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 7:13:24 PM EDT by 1IV]
I owned one. I bought it w 2 mags for 650$ and shot the snot out of it. I ended up picking up a extra 50 rd mag for $100, and sold it for 850$ at a gshow in 98 after I knew bettter about it. The double action reliability was going out, and there was a pin on the bottom of the bolt that was bending and piening out all the time. Nice but not worth the money you would save by buying a 9mm pistol AR. I saw a NIB spectre at a funshow here in Dalllas for 900$ with two mags. Was only slightly tempted.... Then I remembered the hard to find mags, and the fact I could build a AR twice for the money off of the EE.

Accurate but HEAVY, and good luck finding parts.

These were single action/ Double action first pull semi auto pistols, and the bolt was robust. Think Thompson WW2 kind of weight when a full mag was in it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
I have a 9mm Specter that I might be interested in selling. Is there much of a demand for this weapon? Collectors interested?

9mm Spectre (Good Shape)
4 (30 round mags)
1 (50 round mag)
Original box, paperwork, loader
Barrel Nut
Extra Springs for all magazines

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:41:56 AM EDT
Any Ideas?
Top Top