Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 5:37:31 AM EDT
Anyone have one? What do you guys think? I'm not a wheel gun guy by any means but,  i saw this on the cover of Combat Handguns and it caught my eye. Just something about it. And having an 8 shot 357 is kinda neat. Think I should? Specs

J
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks cool, but its gonna get your attention when you shoot it, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I love wheelguns, but that one has issues.  It is an N frame, and that means big.  It has a 2.5" barrel and on a .357 that means mediocre ballistics, to say nothing of the blast.  If you want a snubby that big think BIG BORE.  Smith makes a .45ACP version of that that will make you smile when you see it.  It is all HOLES.  The downside is the moonclips, which are a pain in the ass (my 625 grates on my nerves in that department).

Still, I understand and share your sickness.  A friend had a 3" .44Mag smith that was a peach.  It was like getting hit in the hand with an iron pipe when you shot it but I admit it was FUN

Just my 2 cents,
Cheesebeast
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry about the moonclips they're a big advantage. They make reloading much faster and are a lot easier to carry than speedloaders. Plus you don't have to use them with this model like you do the revolvers chambered for autopistol cartridges.

If you have "tender" hands there are tools availible to load and unload them pain free. If your hands are allready cut, burned, scarred and calloused up like mine you won't need them.

It weighs 21oz.(about the same as an all steel J-frame) so expect a little recoil.

Don't let anyone tell you the .357mag out of a 2" barrel is the same as a .38 spl. Not even close.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm expecting a little recoil. I've shot my friends airweight 44 spl that S&W put out for a limited time. That thing is a best with a 2" barrel. I got a price of $777. So i'll have to weigh that against a new M4 A3 bushy. Life is hard

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top