Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 6:50:35 PM EDT
So I just got back from the range after my 1st session with the M&P 9.  Shot 200 rounds of Blazer Brass with no issues and I know it's under powered.  I have one mag where the slide will not lock back when on empty.  I marked it with my key so that I could track it and sure enough for that one mag it will not go into slide lock.  

Is it a common problem and what could I do to fix it.  Need to get accustomed to this trigger but it's not bad.  +1 on Apex parts.  I especially like the RAM thingy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be a bad mag, weak ammo, or just new gun breaking in.  Try some different ammo next time, I suspect the problem will cure itself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Compare that non-locking mag to a known good mag... Willing to bet the rear of the follower isn't coming up far enough to engage the slide-lock.
I'd disasemble that mag and clean it, possibly sand the edges of the follower to remove whatever is causing it to hang up if you can identify it.... Also possible that some paint or other gunk on the inside of the mag body is causing the issue.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Compare that non-locking mag to a known good mag... Willing to bet the rear of the follower isn't coming up far enough to engage the slide-lock.
I'd disasemble that mag and clean it, possibly sand the edges of the follower to remove whatever is causing it to hang up if you can identify it.... Also possible that some paint or other gunk on the inside of the mag body is causing the issue.

Will do.  Probally something hanging it up as follower rises.

Side note what's the weight of the flat recoil spring?  Figure I'd get some extra stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Just looked at my mags... The area of the follower that hits the slide lock is the front left corner, you'll see a notch in that corner of the feedlip.
So used to working on balky AR's... Shoulda looked before I posted.

Also pop your slide off and make certain the slide lock moves freely and isn't binding on anything in the frame / trigger mechanism area.

No idea on spring strengths... I'd call SW and ask.  They've been very good about supplying parts for all of my weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top