Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 8:44:04 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a 3-4 week old Gen 4 G19 that the day I bought it I went and shot 150 flawless times with the 3 factory mags only. A few days ago I put a OEM extended slide release lever on it, functioned fine while testing it locks strongly back with an empty magazine etc.. Today I shot it at an IDPA match and it would not lock back on the last shot, tried to correct my grip with no change, several different types of ammo, and several others shot it also and it still wouldn't lock back. I came home and stripped my G22 down (all stock) and it appears to be installed correctly and still locks back when manually pulled but not when fired. Surely my followers aren't worn yet? A little aggravated with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What happens if you put the original slide stop back in?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried that after I posted and same scenario happens.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know anyone with the same Glock model that you can borrow some mags?
I dropped one at a range once and chipped the follower were it contacts the slide lock.

ETA: if you know someone with the same model, have them try your mags while you try theirs. If the problem goes to your buddy, you know it is the mags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll call around and see what I can find surely some one I know does
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It is your thumbs mine do it too.... Just be mindful where your thumbs are.  Ask me how I know I have long fingers and mine do this on my Glocks walther M&P .... 1911 and P7 are two that I do not have this problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot it strong hand only. if it locks back then its your grip.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is your thumbs mine do it too.... Just be mindful where your thumbs are.  
View Quote

That was my first thought also.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe his thumbs, but his friends too? Is it factory ammo? Recoil spring maybe? Did you oil it? Brand new, fouled with no oil could slow it up enough not to lock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe his thumbs, but his friends too? Is it factory ammo? Recoil spring maybe? Did you oil it? Brand new, fouled with no oil could slow it up enough not to lock.

View Quote

With a high, thumbs forward grip the 9mm sized Glocks will have slide stop issues with many shooters. my thumbs are actually higher than the slide stop and its the palm of my off hand that can ride it if i am not carefull not to. and thats with the standard part. Extended Glock slide stops dont work for me at all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#10]
They don't work for me either.  The palm of my hand will sometimes bump the entended slide stop upwards, causing the slide to lock back with rounds still in the mag.  All my Glocks have stock, non-extended slide stops now, even my 34's.  

Quoted:

With a high, thumbs forward grip the 9mm sized Glocks will have slide stop issues with many shooters. my thumbs are actually higher than the slide stop and its the palm of my off hand that can ride it if i am not carefull not to. and thats with the standard part. Extended Glock slide stops dont work for me at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They don't work for me either.  The palm of my hand will sometimes bump the entended slide stop upwards, causing the slide to lock back with rounds still in the mag.  All my Glocks have stock, non-extended slide stops now, even my 34's.  

View Quote

Buddy of mine who is a 1911 shooter just bought a G34. After the first range trip i gave him a standard slide stop for the same reason.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Went to range today, using a friends mags it still didn't lock but upon further inspection the catch was actually bent s little bit put the stock one on with no problems afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
glad you found the problem.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that was my first guess, but he said he and his friends along with gripping it differently. Usually high thumbs lead to locked slides not slides that don't lock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top