Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2024 2:45:43 PM EDT
In need of a rear iron sight pusher for Glocks that be used with the RDS installed if anybody can suggest something that works well

My B&J P500 is giving up the ghost after using it for 30 years.  Trying to contact the company but their website indicates the model I have is discontinued

TIA
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve used my MGW Pro with an RDS installed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I just use non marring punches for Glock sights.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve used my MGW Pro with an RDS installed.
View Quote

That looks like a beefy sight tool.  Can u elaborate on how you use it with the RDS installed?

Appears on the MGW website video the slide would not fit on it with a RDS

ETA - I'm running Tall irons to be able to see them thru the RDS.  Standard OEM Glock sight pusher just wont work
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My $20 sight pusher off Amazon worked for mine. I’ve also done the hammer/punch method successfully.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not remove/replace your RDS?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because I have 60 guns to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That looks like a beefy sight tool.  Can u elaborate on how you use it with the RDS installed?
View Quote

It will depend on the optic but I have done iron sight removal/install on a slide with optic installed with my MGW.  

You just barely install the slide on the MGW enough to get it clamp down and not interfere with the optic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It will depend on the optic but I have done iron sight removal/install on a slide with optic installed with my MGW.  

You just barely install the slide on the MGW enough to get it clamp down and not interfere with the optic.
View Quote

Gotcha

Thanks!  Will give that a try.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Update in case anyone else is in this boat....like I mentioned above, I have 60 guns to check.  

Rant on:
If Glock would ship their guns from the factory without 50% of them hitting left, I wouldn't have to go through this shit.  Been a Glock armorer and firearms instructor for 30 fucking years.  The last 15-18 years, most guns we get hit quite a bit left and the sights need adjusting.  Of course, Glock always say's their "within our spec".  My beef is that their "spec" isnt worth a shit.  Approximately 8-10% need the rear sight pushed all the way up to the RH side of the slide, and that sucks.  

Rant off:
So I purchased 3 different sight pushers

1. XS Sights Glock pusher

Attachment Attached File

2. Real Avid Sight pusher for Glocks

Attachment Attached File

3. TruGlo Glock pusher

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

XS sight tool - Wont work because the RDS and its base have clearance interference.  I wished this one had actually worked because of its simplicity and the open top concept would allow you to actually see how far your pushing the rear sight

Real Avid - It's a beast but wont work for same reasons as XS sight tool.  IF this one had worked, it would also have been fairly easy to see how far your pushing the sight

TruGlo - Winner (for now)..there is enough clearance to get the slide on and adjust the sight.  It's a well built and beefy sight tool that should last a hell of a lot longer than I'll be on this earth.  My only semi-complaint is its tough to see how far you're actually moving the sight without a flashlight of some sort.  There is a pointer with indexed marks for reference though.  I'll probably rig up a small flexible pen light to the unit so I can turn on when needed and will allow adjustments without the need of someone helping by holding a light for me.

Carry on Gents....
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

TruGlo - Winner (for now)..there is enough clearance to get the slide on and adjust the sight.  It's a well built and beefy sight tool that should last a hell of a lot longer than I'll be on this earth.  My only semi-complaint is its tough to see how far you're actually moving the sight without a flashlight of some sort.  There is a pointer with indexed marks for reference though.  I'll probably rig up a small flexible pen light to the unit so I can turn on when needed and will allow adjustments without the need of someone helping by holding a light for me.

Carry on Gents....
View Quote

Wear a headlamp when making the adjustments?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Wear a headlamp when making the adjustments?
View Quote

Good idea.  Will try that

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just use non marring punches for Glock sights.
View Quote

This.

I use brass punches on several different types of guns to remove and install sights.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rant on:
If Glock would ship their guns from the factory without 50% of them hitting left, I wouldn't have to go through this shit.  Been a Glock armorer and firearms instructor for 30 fucking years.  The last 15-18 years, most guns we get hit quite a bit left and the sights need adjusting.  Of course, Glock always say's their "within our spec".  My beef is that their "spec" isnt worth a shit.  Approximately 8-10% need the rear sight pushed all the way up to the RH side of the slide, and that sucks.  

Rant off:

Carry on Gents....
View Quote

This mirrors my experience but on a lesser scale than yours.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got an MGW pusher. It's similar/almost identical to the Truglo I believe.
You can put the slide about halfway on the tool and push the sights. I wouldn't want to do it with sights that have really close tolerances resulting in a lot of resistance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top