Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2007 6:42:43 AM EDT
I need aSIG in .357.  

Can I buy a .40 Barrel and some mags and be good to go?

Thanks.

And I did try searching
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I seem to remember that its only a barrel change - the mags work with .357 or .40S&W.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I seem to remember that its only a barrel change - the mags work with .357 or .40S&W.

Thanks Philip - that makes sense as I think that's the way the Glock works. Just want to confirm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, I know a guy who does it.  You may experience point of impact changes with the conversion barrel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

bbls are the only diff thing needed; mags will work for both
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
awesome guys, thanks

I really like the mag issue too.  I guess it's also important to not have the .40 barrel in and load a .357 mag in the pistol.

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I recently sold this same setup (229 originally chambered in 357sig with an additional .40 barrel).

Just be sure to keep your barrels/loaded magazines separated or preferably marked, the gun worked flawlessly regardless of which configuration it was in.

I had 2 magazines I used only for .40 and had them clearly labeled and stored with the .40 barrel. It was as simple as replacing the barrel, swapping out the ammo or magazines, and starting to shoot again.

Nice choice!
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I recently sold this same setup (229 originally chambered in 357sig with an additional .40 barrel).

Just be sure to keep your barrels/loaded magazines separated or preferably marked, the gun worked flawlessly regardless of which configuration it was in.

I had 2 magazines I used only for .40 and had them clearly labeled and stored with the .40 barrel. It was as simple as replacing the barrel, swapping out the ammo or magazines, and starting to shoot again.

Nice choice!

But you sold yours

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice choice!

But you sold yours

Take care and enjoy.

thanks for the info

Yep, at this point I decided to limit my handgun collection to one caliber, and the Sig held it's value exceptionally well so it was a decent chunk of change towards another purchase.

I really need to start reloading..lol!
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you need different springs?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do you need different springs?

Just need the bbl and some ammo!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#11]
When I bought my 229, my FFL recommended buying it in .40 & picking up the .357Sig barrel later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top