Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2016 11:20:29 AM EDT
A few years ago I recall Sig offering a 100% german made 226 with rail. I want to purchase  one but its not on their website, does anyone know if this model is still offered?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It is not still offered. The "long model name" was P226 AL SO. It is/was offered in Europe, along with the P226 AL SO BT, which has a beaver tail. The SIG USA model code identifying it as an all-German P-226R was E26R-9-BSS-GER. They had stamped slides and internal extractors. This was around 2010. I'm looking for one too. They rarely come up for sale. They did not have MIM parts. They were made the old way with cast internals (only the E26R-9-BSS-GER aka P226 AL SO).

Pic:

Update:

There were multiple models of German 226 during this time frame. Here are the SIG model codes:

E26R-9-BSS-GER (pictured above) 2010, SIGLITE Night Sights, Carbon Steel slide, Internal extractor, removable breech block, Blued finish.

E26R-9-B-GER  2011, MIM parts, standard contrast (not night) sights, blackened SS slide, external extractor, non-removable breech block, E2 grips, Nitron finish.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
what was the code for the one with a beaver tail?   I got one last year, triple stamped german near mint for $700 OTD.   I posted it here before buying and nobody seemed to care, still bought it as I had learned about the import ban when doing research for it.

Great gun.   Being all German may be overhyped, but not when it costs a couple hundred less than a new US made one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
wow - never knew such a model existed.  That is the best of all worlds - German made, stamped slide and light rail.  I need to find me one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top