Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 2:54:16 PM EDT
I looked at a Sigpro 9mm for the first time today out of curiosity.  I was really REALLY impressed by the quality of this gun and I made a deposit on it.  

The decision was helped along by the so called "Blue Line" deal on it which includes the gun, night sights, three (10 round) magazines, cleaning kit, and a cool "Blue Line" stamp on top of the slide.  

The DA trigger pull was reasonably light and VERY smooth--about the best I've ever seen on a DA/SA gun (except for maybe a CZ).  The sights are green dot Trijico's and must make up around a third of the cost of the gun.  I'm not happy about the 10 round magazines (supposed to hold 15), but everything else looks awesome.

I've never shot these guns before and have never even seen them at the range.  Does anyone have first-hand experience with them?  The only drawback I can see is maybe the extractor (which has no spring--like a 1911), the ten round magazines, and the mmodern chunky euro-design.  

I'd appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had SiGPros for a couple years now. I had both the 2009 (9mm) and the 2340 (40S&W & 357SiG). The Blueliine are different from the commercial in that they come with three instead of two mags and only one hand grip instaed of the normal two.

The SiGPro is a very nice package. It handles well and is quick to return to POA. The takedown procedure sucks compared to the other SiGs. To take it down you hold the slide back and pop the slidelock lever. Then you slip the slide off.  I wish they had added some way to lock the slide back for assembley or dissassembly, but after you strip it a few times it becomes pretty easy.

Performance, accuracy and reliability has been Classic SiG. It took about 1000 rounds to actually get fully broken in but after about the first 25 rounds, they have worked flawlessly. I still have my 2009 but I traded off the 2340 when I decided that I just didn't have a place for the 40S&W or 357SiG rounds. The gun was great but I just could never learn to like the 40S&W or 357SiG no matter how hard I tried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top