Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2005 2:44:36 PM EDT
Since I'll be installing night sights, should I dump the safety block?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That's when I got rid of mine.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you guys having problems with it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I had numerous failures to return to battery when the gun was slightly dirty. The slide mounted FPS plunger was hanging up on the frame mounted plunger. I could force the slide closed if I had to, but I shouldn't have to.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I would remove the Series II safety. I used to work for a gun store when the series II's hit the market. My concen with them was, you have to have an extreamly stong grip to ensure that the new safety is de-activated.

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't buy a series II Kimber ,but that's just me .
Mine are all series I. And yea remove that thing it's not needed,how many damn saftey's does a gun need
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Pro Carry II and the FP safety has NOT been a problem.  It only takes a normal grip on the grip safety to make it work. I wouldn't remove the FP safety. If you have a problem with it just use a series 70 firing pin and the FP safety won't be an issue anymore.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
FP safety isn't too bad, it doesn't affect trigger pull like Series 80 either.

I haven't had any problems with it so far, but when I get a chance to remove my rear sight I WILL remove the FP plunger.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I removed mine when I changed out the rear sight.  I never had problems with it I just figured while I am removing the rar sight to go ahead and take it out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to highjack, but can someone expalin to a noob what the difference is between a series I and a series II safety, and how can you tell.  I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry to highjack, but can someone expalin to a noob what the difference is between a series I and a series II safety, and how can you tell.  I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Thanks.

The safety everybody is talking about is the Series II firing pin safety. Your Ultra Carry II has one, as do most of the Series II Kimbers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top