Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:23:38 AM EDT
I bought a 92FS frame on EE, and the dust cover is about 3/16" shorter than my factory 9mm FS.  This makes for a pretty unsightly gap between the dust cover front and another 92FS slide.

I think this frame is from the Beretta 96.  Is this shorter dust cover a standard thing with 96es, or is it characteristic of another unknown (to me) model?
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that sounds like a Centurion frame to me.  You need a Centurion of Compact slide for proper fit.

Link Posted: 9/23/2007 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - I thought these were supposed to be the identical frame as an FS.  It is just an appearance thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
What you have in NOT a centurion frame. The centurion frame and the full size frame are exactly the same. The different between full size and centurion is the slide is longer on the fullsize. What you have is a compact frame.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Top picture:  Full-size 92FS slide on a 92 Centurion Frame
Bottom picture:  Full-size 92FS slide on a full-size 92FS Frame

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes!  That is it, the top one with about 1/16" gap between the dust cover and the slide bottom.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, of course.

I also should have mentioned it was the full capacity mag 92 grip, not the shorter compact grip.

It is something I think I can live with, but when I get around to refinishing it I will make a short extension to fill the gap.

Thanks to all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top