Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2006 10:42:38 PM EDT

Picked up this Taurus:

30 Carbine

And I'm wanting suggestions for a scope (or maybe a Red Dot).

Never scoped a hand gun before..... so I figure I'd ask for suggestions/comments.

(That's a 12" barrel).
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Kick.......
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You didn't say what your usage was going to be. If you really wanted a 30 carbine why not a M1? Just kidding, that is some revolver and for the recoil you better have a good quality scope. I suggest a Leupold. I have one on my 629 and it has held zero just fine even with full house Garrett loads. Don't put a Tasco on that cannon!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You didn't say what your usage was going to be. If you really wanted a 30 carbine why not a M1? Just kidding, that is some revolver and for the recoil you better have a good quality scope. I suggest a Leupold. I have one on my 629 and it has held zero just fine even with full house Garrett loads. Don't put a Tasco on that cannon!!

I've got a M1 Carbine 'clone' (Iver Johnson w/ factory folding stock and front pistol grip).  Also have a Universal Enforcer M1 carbine type pistol......  (Heck, toyed w/ getting that Oly 30 Carbine upper...but I think it's discontinued now.)

My use for the revolver.... anything and everything.  If I want to plink to 100-150yds or go hunting.....

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a 3x Burris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top