Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 6:04:23 AM EDT
Howdy handgunners,
 I've been shooting wheelguns since I was a child so I'm not new to DA shooting. I just can't get used to the long trigger pull that Smiths have. And for that reason I've yet to own one.
 My colts all have a very short, fast lock time and I shoot much better with them. It seems that in DA shooting, a shorter trigger pull would make it easier to shoot accuratly, and for me it does. My pin shooting buddy has a Smith mdl 19 that I've used. After shooting my colt it feels like the thing is never going to go off!
Comparativly, what brand wheelguns have the longest and shortest DA trigger pull?  
I've got a Gp-100 that has a really long pull but thats ok because its more of a "dodge" than a Cadillac. (rugged workhorse vs. performace car.) I'm sure some will disagree...and thats why I like this board.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Own Smiths, Colt, and Ruger and I can't say I've noticed that much difference in them.  Ruger tends to be a bit heavier, Colts and Smiths feel different due to internal geometry. But length?  Not an issue with me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top