Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2008 12:25:38 PM EDT
At a local dealer I saw a used 940 in amongst a bunch of used J-frame snubnoses. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't this model come out after the internal locks were made standard equipment? Because this one didn't have one and it had the old style cylinder latch too. And the price seemed a little cheaper than some I've seen on the different sites too, $429.95 Or am I wrong?

OK, Here's another one I just though of. How long were they made?  How many made?(Approx.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The 940 was introduced in 1991.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
My 940 is pre-lock & has the older style thumb piece.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried out a couple of the S&W full moon 5-shot clips. Seem to be a little tight I tried to close the cylinder on them and the cartridges. Does it make a difference which brand of ammo you use? I only had some copperwashed Wolf 9mm on hand. Could the ammo be the problem? Does anyone make these clips beside S&W?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 940, and love it. I believe they were made from '91 to '98. Not sure about who manufactures the full moons other the S&W. S&W sells them for $1.38 each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
My 940 has no lock and the new style cylinder latch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I only had some copperwashed Wolf 9mm on hand. Could the ammo be the problem? Does anyone make these clips beside S&W?

On the ammo making a difference, IMO, yes.

As for the moon clips, seems like Dillons used to sell them. No clue if they simply re-sold the S&W-made clips or not. Call them & see, I guess.

My .o2  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input guys. I realy appreciate it. Now if the weather would just break!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top