Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 12:39:34 PM EDT
I am trying to decide on which thigh rig to get for my Sig 229, The Safariland ALS or the Blackhawk SERPA. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical...not tacktical.

Just sayin'.

There's a lot of opinion on this issue, I prefer Serpa holsters but I don't really like drop leg holsters. I think the Serpa makes a great belt or chest rig holster. I think Safariland holsters are well made, but I have my reasons as to why I don't like them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This one is really up to your preference.  Both are good quality. Try them out and see which one you like the best.   I'm a Serpa guy myself but I have used and do like Safariland as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about the typo, I composed the post really quick before I left for work and didn't proof read it. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This one is really up to your preference.  Both are good quality. Try them out and see which one you like the best.   I'm a Serpa guy myself but I have used and do like Safariland as well.

That would be my preference, unfortunately there are no dealers anywhere near me who carry either item so I am forced to order from the internet and have it shipped to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you intend to have a weaponlight mounted? If so the SERPA can only use their light which is not the best. I like the SERPA holsters in general but use the Safarilands more and they are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Safariland ALS all the way, you wont regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top