Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2012 6:32:34 PM EDT
I just picked up my first CZ today. an SP-01. I love the feel of it, but haven't shot it yet. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the trigger pull. It has a long take up and reset. The weight isn't bad, but could be a little lighter. I don't want a stupid light competition trigger, just something with a little less take up and reset and maybe a little lighter. What would be my best bet?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ competition hammer and a 15lb hammer spring.
http://czcustom.com/CZ_SA_DA-Competition-Hammer.aspx

If it came with the black trigger , get an 85 combat trigger instead.
http://czcustom.com/CZ85Combattrigger.aspx

I'd just order a hammer strut and new pins, too, instead of trying to take the original hammer off the strut.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the Comp hammer and that solves a multitude of trigger sins.  Reset is going to be longer due to the da/SA nature.  Removing the firing pin block helps a bit but if you want it  to beat a striker weapon reset then you need to make it single action only.  At this point it's quite nice.  May require filing to get the safety lever to work.  I also got fiber optic front sight and the tactical rears.  Same European hold but it's super fast.  I think most folks would rather keep nice night sights

Edit: I added the extended firing pin.  I use Wolf primers and those bad boys are extra hard.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I dropped in a Cajun Gun works hammer and sear along with the springs he recommended. turn an awesome pistol even better.
That pistol is stupid accurate, makes missing hard.

The only other thing I kinda maybe wanna do is replace the guide rod with a steel one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to decide whether to do the work myself or to send it out. I've never worked on one, but my grandpa has been a gunsmith for the past 40 years so I've got backup. I'll be at the range tomorrow morning and you never know, I might like her just like she sets.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top