Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2012 6:32:34 PM EDT
I just picked up my first CZ today. an SP-01. I love the feel of it, but haven't shot it yet. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the trigger pull. It has a long take up and reset. The weight isn't bad, but could be a little lighter. I don't want a stupid light competition trigger, just something with a little less take up and reset and maybe a little lighter. What would be my best bet?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ competition hammer and a 15lb hammer spring.
http://czcustom.com/CZ_SA_DA-Competition-Hammer.aspx

If it came with the black trigger , get an 85 combat trigger instead.
http://czcustom.com/CZ85Combattrigger.aspx

I'd just order a hammer strut and new pins, too, instead of trying to take the original hammer off the strut.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the Comp hammer and that solves a multitude of trigger sins.  Reset is going to be longer due to the da/SA nature.  Removing the firing pin block helps a bit but if you want it  to beat a striker weapon reset then you need to make it single action only.  At this point it's quite nice.  May require filing to get the safety lever to work.  I also got fiber optic front sight and the tactical rears.  Same European hold but it's super fast.  I think most folks would rather keep nice night sights

Edit: I added the extended firing pin.  I use Wolf primers and those bad boys are extra hard.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I dropped in a Cajun Gun works hammer and sear along with the springs he recommended. turn an awesome pistol even better.
That pistol is stupid accurate, makes missing hard.

The only other thing I kinda maybe wanna do is replace the guide rod with a steel one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to decide whether to do the work myself or to send it out. I've never worked on one, but my grandpa has been a gunsmith for the past 40 years so I've got backup. I'll be at the range tomorrow morning and you never know, I might like her just like she sets.

Top Top