Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 12:21:01 PM EDT
I ordered 2 MAKs from SOG.  I should have heeded the warnings of others about their shitty grading policies.  One looks realitively in good shape.  I would say 90%.  There is holster wear and some pitting of the slide but the bluing is mostly intact.

The other looks like its seen a lot of service.  The muzzle is well worn and the slide has most of the bluing worn off for a holster.  The grips must have been bad because it was replaced with a brand new one,  The action also looks like its been fired a lot.

I paid the extra fee for handpick.  And I must have got the gorilla handpicker.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate hearing about shoddy buisness practice....
Live and learn I guess ..
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Send them back!
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
ARDOC,

J&G Sales,  I have bought about 6 from them and 5 were new as though they had never been used.  Doesn't mean they all are like that now though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the grips are an import thing. They all have those stupid black grips. (all that I have seen at least) The Pierce grips are a nice addition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top