Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:02:10 PM EDT
Anybody break the bank and get one yet??
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Just picked up one this week!  I am going to the range with it today.  I will give you a report when I get back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good, I am curious.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok guys, here is my report, however un professional it is!  The fit and finish on this pistol is first rate, you would expect nothing less fron a pistol that costs over 2k!  I fired 150 rounds of Winchester white box with zero failures. (By the way, this one is chambered in .40)  Recoil was very mild considering this is a 47 oz pistol.  Sights were right on, and adjustable if they weren't.  Mag feeds were smooth and easy due to the jet funnel.  Trigger is fully adjustable and very, very nice!  It breaks light and crisp.  Grips are very nice looking and feel great.  The mag release is extended and may be in the way for some shooters.  Accuracy was much better than me!  This is truly a one hole wonder!  In short, it is pretty expensive. but I feel you get what you pay for.  If this sorry excuse for a review left you with any unanswered questions, ask away!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you had fun, and sounds like you like your new toy!!  I just want 1 or 2 of the X5 mags for my 226.  Of course I will have to paint the silver plate at the bottom but that is not a problem.  Glad you enjoy it..........it sounds like a tac driver.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
I am also thinking of getting one..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds like you had fun, and sounds like you like your new toy!!  I just want 1 or 2 of the X5 mags for my 226.  Of course I will have to paint the silver plate at the bottom but that is not a problem.  Glad you enjoy it..........it sounds like a tac driver.

X-5 mags are Mecgar 17rounders with a plus 2 baseplate, and are expensive as all hell.  Pierce Grips makes a +2 base for Sig Mags, and Sig also markets a 20rd mag that is about $30 cheaper than X-5 mags.  Put a mecgar or P22610rd mag follower in a 20rd mag and you get a 22rd capacity as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
+3

I’m getting one… I saw one in Austin Wednesday.  It is the finest production pistol I have ever held in my hand. The grip is superb and 700_5R is right, the trigger is amazing.

If there has ever been a PERFECT out of the box limited class IPSC/USPSA firearm, this has to be it. I am getting one as soon as I recover from having new hard-wood floors installed for my wife’s Christmas present.

The shop does 12 months same as cash, so this will likely be the 1st gun I have ever financed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow I cant see spending that much on a pistol.  Though it is one fine pistol.  Congrats guys, enjoy.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wow I cant see spending that much on a pistol.  Though it is one fine pistol.  .....  

Hmmm...I would like to see you say that after you shoot one..
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the safety decock the pistol?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]
No.  It is like a 1911.  Single action.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No.  It is like a 1911.  Single action.

Roger. I knew it was single action, but I was wondering if Sig added some method of decocking it. Though I suppose that would be pretty useless on a SA pistol, so nevermind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top