Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 12:17:48 PM EDT
I went to the local shop looking for a  stainless .45 for heavy duty range use.  I thought I had my mind made up on a Kimber Pro Carry HD, but they had a 220ST. It really fit my hand, but I am not a big DA/SA fan.  Any opinions on this one?  I know I may get some bias as this is the Sig Forum, but I figure some one out htere has one.  I have heard 220s are very accurate out of the box, does the same hold true of the stainless guns? Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got two P220STs.  I got my original one three years ago and it has close to 20,000 rounds through it.  To date, all I've done is replace the extractor.  As far as accuracy, the gun will shoot "minute of felon" all day long :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have 2 of them as well. One is the original rail which I have added fiber optic target sights to and the other is the newer rail which has Trijicons on it. Both are extremely accurate. The newer one has been to Sig to have the action worked on by the previous owner. I got a really good deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. I was planning on replacing my original railed version and decided to add the target sights and make it into a range gun.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the P220s.  I have a P220R and think it's the best pistol I own.  My GF bought a P220ST and loves it as well, but I hate that it has that damned magazine safety.  If I have a round in the chamber and the mag out I can't fire that chambered round, why'd Sig have to go and do that?  That is the only thing I don't like about the pistol.

ETA: Both are tackdrivers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hate that it has that damned magazine safety.  If I have a round in the chamber and the mag out I can't fire that chambered round, why'd Sig have to go and do that?  That is the only thing I don't like about the pistol.

Neither one of my P220ST's have the magazine safety. Nor does my P220R. Is this something new that Sig is doing or maybe only for some states? Both of mine were purchase in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Like mine very much. More weight to it than the p220. Hardly any recoil and very accurate , you won't go wrong getting one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate that it has that damned magazine safety.  If I have a round in the chamber and the mag out I can't fire that chambered round, why'd Sig have to go and do that?  That is the only thing I don't like about the pistol.

Neither one of my P220ST's have the magazine safety. Nor does my P220R. Is this something new that Sig is doing or maybe only for some states? Both of mine were purchase in Kalifornia.

Some LE agencies required it, and money talks to Sig. They're not rare, but you don't see them every day.

I love my 220ST, and it only recently has been replaced by a 1911 as my daily carry gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I like mine - hell of a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top