Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:07 PM EDT
I did a search and did not find the answer so anyone here know were to get a parts kit that has all the main parts that wear out for my SHTF glock 19.  It would be nice to know that I have the parts on hand to keep my glock running when parts are hard to come by. Also if there is no such kit what parts do you think I should get to make my own kit?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Trigger springs,Recoil spring assembly,slide lock spring,spring cups for striker,striker spring,slide stop,mag catch spring,Steel sights,lots of spare mags!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
A second Glock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A second Glock.

Lumpy is right. The reason we don't have a bunch of spare parts running around is because most of us own more than one Glock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A second Glock.

+1

get some extra ammo and mags to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's what I've broken over the years,..... Striker Sleve, Trigger Return Spring, Trigger Bar, and Takedown Latch Spring.  

I've worn out,..... recoil springs, mag springs, and followers.  

The only one of those things that stopped the gun immediately was the trigger bar.  It broke the extension that depresses the firing pin safety plunger.  When I removed the firing pin safety the gun continued to function till I secured a replacement trigger bar from my friendly Glock Armorer.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
CDNN sells replacement parts sets for $30. Or you could call Glockmeister and he could put together a kit for you. IMO, I think a trigger spring would be the only replacement part you'd need.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#7]
ammo
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info.  Another glock at this point would be nice but we just had a new baby so funds are tight.  I just thought that for around $30.00 or so I could atleast have some peace of mind knowing that if SHTF did happen I could at least keep the one I do have running.  Also the money I would save from buying a second glock I could use to buy more ammo.   I'd rather have lots of ammo and one gun then have two guns and half the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I think all I keep in my spare parts kit is an extractor. I used to keep a coil trigger spring but I have switched to NY1 and I've never heard of one breaking. The only other thing I've occasionally read about breaking is the slide lock, and the slide stop spring. Most my Glocks are 9mm though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Another glock at this point would be nice but we just had a new baby so funds are tight.  I just thought that for around $30.00 or so I could atleast have some peace of mind knowing that if SHTF did happen I could at least keep the one I do have running.  Also the money I would save from buying a second glock I could use to buy more ammo.   I'd rather have lots of ammo and one gun then have two guns and half the ammo.

Get another Glock. If the one you have craps out you'd had another one
ready to go.   Just think if it craps out when the bad guys are coming. How
long would it take for you to repair it?  You can't call "time-out".

I have,
4-G17
2-G26
1-G21
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think all I keep in my spare parts kit is an extractor. I used to keep a coil trigger spring but I have switched to NY1 and I've never heard of one breaking. The only other thing I've occasionally read about breaking is the slide lock, and the slide stop spring. Most my Glocks are 9mm though.

I had a slide stop spring break because I had an old style spring in my G19. You might be able to save yourself a couple of dollars if you just check yours to make sure you have the new style:

Photo by HotRod9mm:

As you can see the old style is on the left. If you have the newer style I wouldn't worry about buying a spare.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's what I've broken over the years,..... Striker Sleve, Trigger Return Spring, Trigger Bar, and Takedown Latch Spring.  

The only one of those things that stopped the gun immediately was the trigger bar.  It broke the extension that depresses the firing pin safety plunger.  When I removed the firing pin safety the gun continued to function till I secured a replacement trigger bar from my friendly Glock Armorer.  

Damn!  You driving nails with that Glock?  You have managed to do something even the torture test(s) couldn't do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Good point about if the gun breaks well in a fight never though about it that way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#14]
"Dope and beer. Ammo dude, more ammo."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#15]
For serious SHTF, the NY-1 trigger spring with a spare 3.5 connector to go with it. A complete striker assembly, ready to go. Maybe put one of those maritime cup sets in there in case your pistol gets wet or has too much oil (no, I'm not going to fire it under water, just a little extra reliability).
Recoil assembly.
A compatable second pistol like a G-17 for my G-17L.
Consider a longslide for outdoor (bug out) shooting (yes, a rifle, blah blah blah).
It's amazing how well a 17L or 34 will shoot at long range with good (non-glock) sights.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  You driving nails with that Glock?  You have managed to do something even the torture test(s) couldn't do.

The Armorer that fixed it for me, an actual Glock Inc Employee not just a trained Armorer, said it was only the second failure of that type he had seen.  Apparently its a pretty rare failure mode.    Luck me!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I recently bought a bunch of spare parts from expresspolicesupply.com

Good service and fast shipping.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Only thing I've ever broken in my G22 was an extractor.  Gun still function most of the time with the broken extractor.  Replaced it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top