Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 6:59:04 PM EDT
Is there a known gunsmith that specializes in the GP100?  I took mine to the local shop for a trigger job and all he was able to do was drop in a spring kit. It's better, but I need something great.   I need some serious trigger work.

Thanks in advance

Lovesbeer99 (but shoots safe)
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Marc Morganti works on GP100s as well as SP101s and 1911s.  His website is http://www.geminicustoms.com/

Marc is a really talented gunsmith and his prices are extremely reasonable.  He has worked on two of my SP101s and I am very pleased with the results.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If this is a new Ruger just dryfire the snot out of it and it'll smooth up all on it's own.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Use a polish wheel on a Dremel with polishing compound and polish all the contact points of the trigger assembly as well as the mainspring assembly that contacts the hammer. It will give you an incredible trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out a gunsmith in Omaha, Nebraska called Cylinder and Slide. I had him build a custom 4" SS Redhawk for me several years back and the action/trigger job is out of this world. Feels better than any custom S&W I've ever held. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Cylinder & Slide does good work.  However, the waiting list is rather long.  I had them work on one of my SP101s a couple of years ago.  Here's how it works: first, you call in your order and they give you an order number, then you wait for a long time (7 months in my case), then they call you and have you mail in your weapon, then you wait (5 weeks in my case) then you receive your weapon and see that they've done a real nice job.

Not that I am particularly impatient but Marc Morganit (see my first post) has worked on two SP101s for me and done just as good work as Cylinder & Slide but with not waiting period and a two week turnaround.  Also Cylinder & Slide is way overpriced compared to Marc Morganti.

Less expensive and quicker turnaround for the same quality work always wins in my book.

Also, I agree with the poster abover who said that if your weapon is new you should shoot it a lot before sending this in.  I see at least two reasons for this.  First, after firing 500 rounds of .357 through your GP100 the action will have improved tremendously and you may no longer feel the need to spend $$ on gunsmithing.  Second, the gunsmith will be able to see the wear patterns on the different parts of your weapon and this will help guide the gunsmith's polishing, etc. of parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top