Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2023 6:28:45 PM EDT
Anyone  have one yet? I just had my dealer order one in for me. I have a regular Wrangler and I am happy how it shoots. Just wondering how the accuracy is on these. There is not much out there about accuracy. Lots of reviews but thats it. No one really gets into if they shoot accurately or not.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen one in a store yet. How much bigger are the sights over the regular Wrangler?
The sights on the Wrangler are just too small for these tired old eyes.
The .22 Mag cylinder interests me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen one in a store yet. How much bigger are the sights over the regular Wrangler?
The sights on the Wrangler are just too small for these tired old eyes.
The .22 Mag cylinder interests me.
View Quote

The Wrangler has fixed sights, consisting of a channel rear sight, while the Super Wrangler has adjustable sights.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to take mine to the range yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard of issues with the bore diameter in guns that chamber both .22LR and 22 magnum, they are supposed to be different bore diameters. I wonder how the ruger is?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]
All ruger 22rf/22mag are 0.224" bores. Only their semi autos are 0.222" Regular Wranglers are 0.224" just like all of their other 22rf or mag revolvers. The original first run of single sixes were 0.222" but have been 0.224" ever since.

Sometimes it can make them really picky on the ammo they like. But I am used to that on 22 guns. I do have a Waltz die to bump the 22rf bullets I may have to try. My regular Wrangler it did not matter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, the silver/black two tone and I got it not long after they came out.  I was wondering about accuracy too beings it's a 22LR and 22 Mag, but it shoots 22LR damn well, even the cheap bulk stuff and I didn't think it would.   I haven't shot much 22 Mag from it, it's louder but seems less accurate than 22LR, at least what I was shooting (CCI MaxiMag 40gr).  I put a Dawson precision front fiber optic sight on it, it was one I had left over for a Ruger MkIV Target but it fits the Wrangler just fine.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Heritage with the target sights and both cylinders... I got it before the Super Wrangler came out.  I wonder how much better/ accurate the super wrangler is?  The heritage is fine for plinking.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one, the silver/black two tone and I got it not long after they came out.  I was wondering about accuracy too beings it's a 22LR and 22 Mag, but it shoots 22LR damn well, even the cheap bulk stuff and I didn't think it would.   I haven't shot much 22 Mag from it, it's louder but seems less accurate than 22LR, at least what I was shooting (CCI MaxiMag 40gr).  I put a Dawson precision front fiber optic sight on it, it was one I had left over for a Ruger MkIV Target but it fits the Wrangler just fine.
https://i.imgur.com/M5j5MVo.jpg

View Quote

I like those laminated grip panels. Ruger is out of them right now. I will be getting a set. It looks perfect with the silver gun. Thats the one I ordered. I have the bronze regular wrangler.

I have about 6 different kinds of 22mag ammo. I used to do hunt varmints with a 22mag Marlin bolt action. That vmax bullet Remington loaded in the 22mag was devastating to ground hogs
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the Ruger Super Wrangler when my shop git the first one in , silver and I put the fact laminated grips like the one in the post , the gun has been great , but they have not got another in for a while .
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I still have my first handgun a 1980 vintage blued Super Single Six convertible.  Never had any accuracy issues with it.  Interested in the Super Wrangler for the wife.  My Single Six .32 H&R just arrived at the dealer yesterday.  Need to go pick that up.

CD
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up the gun yesterday. I also checked and ruger had the grips in stock. You get a 20% discount on rugers site for accessories if you register your gun with them. So I ordered the grips.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked up the gun yesterday. I also checked and ruger had the grips in stock. You get a 20% discount on rugers site for accessories if you register your gun with them. So I ordered the grips.
View Quote

Which Cerikote finish?  Which grips did you order?
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Silver with the black laminate like the one in the pic above
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Silver with the black laminate like the one in the pic above
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be interested in a Wrangler when they make a 10 shot version.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:50:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Here it is with the new grips next to my regular Wrangler. Headed out tomorrow to shoot them.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here it is with the new grips next to my regular Wrangler. Headed out tomorrow to shoot them.

https://i.imgur.com/XDqMlD3.png?2
View Quote

Looks great.  Thinking of getting the wife a Super and grandson the Wrangler.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
The Super has a steel frame too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Took both out today. Both shot really well. The Super shot way better than the regular Wrangler. But it has really good sights. I shot both the 22rf and 22 mag out of the Super. Could not tell any accuracy difference between the two. I was hit plastic pop bottles out to 50 yds with the Super in both cal. The neat one was the mag with the Hornady 30gr vmax. Had a nice big fire ball out the end. And it felt like less recoil than the 22rf.

I let a guy teach his daughter to shoot with both the Wranglers and my 357 with lite loaded 38's in it. The 357 has a nice red dot and she really liked that. She was about 10yo or so. She looked at her dad and said " daddy I know what I want for Christmas now!""" I started laughing. I told him maybe I should not have had her shoot that! He said it was all right. He was just happy that she like to go shooting with him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All ruger 22rf/22mag are 0.224" bores. Only their semi autos are 0.222" Regular Wranglers are 0.224" just like all of their other 22rf or mag revolvers. The original first run of single sixes were 0.222" but have been 0.224" ever since.

Sometimes it can make them really picky on the ammo they like. But I am used to that on 22 guns. I do have a Waltz die to bump the 22rf bullets I may have to try. My regular Wrangler it did not matter.
View Quote

Holy shit. Someone else who owns a waltz die. I bought mine almost 11 years ago. Wanted a single six so bad. Knew about the whole bore thing, so I was looking to see what could be done. Back then the Paco punch or whatever it was called was popular. But I wasn't thrilled with the idea of hitting live 22 with a hammer. Plus the consistency seemed, not the easiest.

Definitely need to pick up a super wrangler some day. Hopefully I won't need the waltz die, but glad I got it on hand.

Wonder if the old man is still alive?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes he is and still doing die sets
Top Top