BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had several Security Six revolvers over the years.  I recently gave a 4" blue (Made in the200th Year) to my son.  I gave a 4" Stainless to the wife years ago.  We still have it.

Last year I sold a stainless 4" GP 100 7-shot here on the EE.  Realized pretty quick I made a mistake so started looking.

My LGS got a 4" blue in so I got it.  I installed the fancier insert grips and a fiber optic front sight.  I'm keeping this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45352/20230306_150518__Medium__jpg-2876111.JPG
View Quote

nobody ever bought the two i tried to sell in may so i kept the damned things.  then i added a 7 shot and a match champion because why not

the blued has the best trigger out of the whole bunch
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

nobody ever bought the two i tried to sell in may so i kept the damned things.  then i added a 7 shot and a match champion because why not

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had several Security Six revolvers over the years.  I recently gave a 4" blue (Made in the200th Year) to my son.  I gave a 4" Stainless to the wife years ago.  We still have it.

Last year I sold a stainless 4" GP 100 7-shot here on the EE.  Realized pretty quick I made a mistake so started looking.

My LGS got a 4" blue in so I got it.  I installed the fancier insert grips and a fiber optic front sight.  I'm keeping this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45352/20230306_150518__Medium__jpg-2876111.JPG

The trigger was not great on my blue one.  I ended up installing the Wilson Combat spring kit.  I think it was the middle weight springs (10 lb?).  Made a big difference and still goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

it's a TALO model, ruger # 01786

i've got them on my wants lists and one backordered, maybe ruger will decide to make some more one of these days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there's a full lug match champion but it never seems to be in stock anywhere

It was a Lipseys exclusive or limited edition - something like that.  I scored one on GB a while back and use it in IDPA.  Fantastic gun with a wonderful balance.

https://i.imgur.com/qIlbVoe.jpg

it's a TALO model, ruger # 01786

i've got them on my wants lists and one backordered, maybe ruger will decide to make some more one of these days

davidsons has 6 of these in stock so maybe ruger just ran a batch

https://www.davidsonsinc.com/ruger-gp100-match-champion-357-mag-4-2-6-rd-revolver

i got one, really liking it

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The trigger was not great on my blue one.  I ended up installing the Wilson Combat spring kit.  I think it was the middle weight springs (10 lb?).  Made a big difference and still goes bang every time.
View Quote

Did the same thing with my seven shot Ruger Wilson combat with the middle weight mine occasionally had a failure to fire with the lightest ones.  While I was at it I polished everything up and then lubed it and that thing has a great trigger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a 4” stainless a few years back, mainly shoot specials through it, it’s turned into a great range toy, glad I got mine when I did seems like they have shot up in price
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top