Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:59:51 PM EDT
I have a 75B with the stock hard plastic grips, and I don't like them very much.  I've heard good things about the rubber grips and I'm wondering.  How are they compared to the stock hard plastic?  Is there a considerable palm swell?  How about the flare/shelf for the thumb rest?  I'd really like some softer, flatter, skinnier grips.  The 75B could be about as narrow as a 1911 with the right grips.  I don't have small hands, but slender grips are more comfortable to me.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set of Pachmayr sure-grip panels for my 75B. I tried them and liked the hard plastic ones better.

If you are interested in them, IM me. I cut you a hell of a deal.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If they're the wrap around... I don't want the wrap around!  hehe

I think the CZ rubber grips will probably be the best.  I just hope they're skinny and don't have a huge palm swell.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
When I bought mine, there weren't too many options out.  Mine was one of the first batch of "B"s that had the goofy "target/sporting use import points" grips on them, and I hated them with a passion.  Since I had handled pre-B's before, I knew I would like the feel of the gun if I could have the right grips.  At this time, even CZ-USA wasn't offering any different grips.  The only choices were the goofy one, home-made, or Houge with the finger groove stuff.

I ended up trying home-made first.  The gunshop I frequently spend too much money at gave me a pair of TZ-75 grips for free.  I whittled away and got them to fit.  Not bad, fit and feel were OK.  The wood was a nice off-set, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I then took a set of Houge grips, and cut off the front panel.  After a little sanding to get the contour perfect to where I wanted it (i.e. get rid of bumps left over from the finger grooves) they fit great.  It's a very comfortable grip, and not this huge mass of rubber in my hands.  The feeling is similar to the rubber grips on the EAA Witness if that will give you an idea of what it's like.

I'd avoid trying to modify Witness rubber grips to work.  There was alot of work invovled with making the TZ grips fit, and the Witness grips probably wouldn't be any easier.  The Houge was simple in comparison and gave about the same feel.

ETA: If CZ now has rubber grips for sale, I'd go with those first.  You can always sell them off it they don't work.  Since they are factory, they'd sell easy enough.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Ross,

CZ-USA does have rubber grips.  $21.   I think out of this next paycheck, I'll order a pair.  Also need to order a couple Wolff springs.  Need to ditch the stock spring for a good quality 16lb spring.  I'll post some before / after pics.  Hopefully they'll be thinner.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered the rubber grips from CZ.  Also ordered new recoil and extractor springs from Wolff.  (haven't had any extraction problems, but it can't hurt to upgrade!)

I'll get some before and after pics, and I'll use my calipers to measure thickness.  Hopefully they'll be slimmer.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the rubber factory grips on both of my 75B's.
They are of good quality, and installed very easily.
The price seems fair, consistant with after-markets like Hogue and Pachy.
They feel a little thinner, and work great for my medium (size 9) hands.

DaddyDett

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have factory rubber grips on my p01 and plastic grips on my 75b and yes the rubber grips do have the palm swell (which I like) but the rubber grips feel 100% better so I will be ordering some of the factory rubber grips my self. Omega can make you about any kind of wood grip you want though.

Omega Grips
http://www.czgrips.us/
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the grips in today, and put them on.  I definitely do like the feel better.  The palm swell doesn't bother me, it's the top of the grips.  I'd prefer they just tapered flat to the frame, rather than having the 'thumb flare'

In the future, I'll check into getting some custom wood panels with a flatter contour.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the grips in on Friday and put them on the pistol.  They do feel more comfortable, even though they're almost identical in shape to the original hard plastic grips.  I like the feel mo bettah, however...

one problem was, the grips were squeezing the mag!  I had to pull the grips off and hit them with some sandpaper and a file to remove some material so the mag dropped free.  Seems CZ just doesn't want your mag to actually come out when you hit the mag release!   (yes, the mag brake has already been removed)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top