Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 12:54:31 AM EDT
I recently came accross a few Rock Island 1911 in .38 Super in chrome. Its a beaufiful gun in a great caliber and the price is significantly less than any other .38 Super 1911, especially others that have a chrome finish. Is this a rare gun, or can a Rock Island 1911 in .38 Super be readily had? I prefer the polished finish, so I can be like Jules in Pulp Fiction but I would gladly take a parked or stainless gun. How would something like this perform in the accuracy/reliability department? I really love the 1911, especially in .38 Super but not enough to spend a thousand dollars on one, so this seems like it may be the perfect gun for me. The only other reasonably priced 1911 in .38 Super is the Colt, which is like 800 skins.... If I am going to spend that much on a 1911, its going to be a Para P-14 or something like that. What can you tell me about the Rock Island 1911s or resonably priced .38 Super 1911's?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
had no problems with mine out of the box, when i started changing stuff, a few problems, but thats all worked out now. i have the full size in .45acp, never shot the 38super, decent gun for the money, i'm looking to get a commander size soon, and change the sights, but thats it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top