Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 6:37:42 PM EDT
I just picked up a factory Beretta 20 round magazine. It is very nice. It has a plastic extension with groves on the front strap and it can click on and off easily using a screwdriver or something. The base plate is pretty much the same; however there is a small cut down in it for the extension piece to snap onto. The piece that is attached to the magazine spring inside the magazine tube is the same other than the end of it is bent upwards slightly. The spring is about 2.75 inches longer than the standard one. The follower is the same however it is a little longer to keep from over compressing. Also I was able to fit 21 rounds into the magazine however it was very difficult to snap it into the pistol. I cycled the slide to load it and it was very stiff. I don’t think it would function correctly if you put a round in the chamber and tried it using it loaded up to the 21 rounds. Of course I download my magazines by at least one round anyways. Testing it loaded to 20 rounds functioned flawlessly as all my other factory Beretta magazines do. There are markings on the magazine base plate. “PB” is on the top of it. It has four holes with the 5 round, 10 round, 15 round, and 20 round markings on the back of the magazine tube. On the left side it has, “PB Cal. 9 Para Made in Italy”. On the right side it has a 5 digit number and is marked “Restricted Law Enforcement/ Government Use Only”. Was it worth the $40 that I paid for it? Well since the pre-ban Beretta 93R magazines go for over a hundred dollars I think it was a decent price. I would have liked to get more, but they are just a little too expensive to do that. Knowing that it would function properly was worth the price to me. Overall I do like having the extra firepower. And I would use it for home defense and fun mainly. I tested it out with my holster and magazine carrier I use for my CCW. It worked fairly well, however it does stick out a little more and I don’t think I really need the extra ammo that much on me all the time. The only thing I really didn’t like about it was the fact that the plastic extension over the magazine tube wasn’t flush with the front strap of the Beretta 92FS. Also I had to file down the top of the extension because it was a tad long and didn’t allow the magazine to fit into the pistol properly. And I would have rather had it made of aluminum like the frame to have the color fit. But having a 20 round magazine available is just another reason why I love my Beretta 92 pistol. Here are some pictures too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics.

I also have 20 rd mags for my 92 FS model, and enjoy the secure feeling one gets from just having it in there.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can you get them, & how much do they go for on average? Do they all have the spacer?

hk45shooter
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these made by Beretta or MEC-GAR?    If these are the beretta made ones, how do the MEC-GARs stack up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Mecgar makes 17rd mags that fit flush you know...and they don't cost no $40!  J/K, I'm going to get some 20rders for my Sigs too.  Just that much more on the "cool" factor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a few 20's for my 9mm Vertec.  The springs are really stiff on 2 of them.  I've seen some 30's out there.  I want to get a few of those.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
GunDiasater, check out Cheaper Than Dirt. I got ten twenty rounders that  work flawlessly. They are all metal except the bottom and follwer. I also got four thirty rounders three work, one needs some coaxing
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My only complains are the stiff spring & when fully loaded require a hard slap into the magwell!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#8]
those 93R mags are cool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The current 20 round mags offered by Beretta differ than GunDisaster's somewhat...
His appear to be older and marked PB, the newer ones are marked M.D.S. which evidently took over Beretta's magazine operation.
M.D.S. stands for Meccanica Del Sarca, distibuted by Beretta (so marked) and still made in Italy.
It does not have the spacer and is stamped restricted but looks very well made.
While not marketed for the model 93 (like we all have those), it is directed to the CX4 and 92FS as denoted on the package, which is an orange blister pack with the words "The Magazines" down the right side....

You would be talking about these...

I've got some of these and some of the ones with the spacers.  No problems out of any of them so far, not in my Storm nor in any of my 92s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#13]
one of these days I'll get around to testing the chepa preban no name 30 rounder I got
new 20 round factory mags will have to wait until I leave NY or we get rid of the vast majority of our politicians and replace them with clones of me
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The only "problem" I can find with them, if I had my druthers, is they aren't stainless enough.

That's nothing that a little hard chrome won't remedy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top