Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 1:26:05 PM EDT
I would like to get your thoughts on the Requirements for a fighting or working 1911,.
Light rail? Ambi's? Magwell? Checkering? Sights? Material? etc etc etc

I'm thinking an all steel 5", Lightrail, frontstrap checkering, and a set of fixed sights,. What says you?...Udog
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
5", steel frame, no mim.

what he said.

+ reliable mags.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
5" steel frame, decent fixed sights, decent trigger, sticky grips, reliable magazines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
5" steel frame, decent fixed sights, decent trigger, sticky grips, reliable magazines.

Other than "sticky grips", I agree 100% (IMHO, "sticky" grips tend to stick & grab your concealment clothes and also won't allow you to adjust your grip after you initially grab your pistol.......but your miliage my vary).

I also require a beavertail on my "working" 1911s to get a higher hold on the piece.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Goes bang EVERY time....everything else is fluff....

GT
Sorry--just converted from Glockism--I'm new at this...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
WARNING do not troll this forum.

Steve  

sorry didn't know i couldn't make a joke around here.  i'll be totally serious from now on.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
 As simple as possible.....as tough as possible....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Reliable (goes "bang" every time)
Good sights (Heinie, Yo-Bo...either retro or professional...I like tritium in the front only)
Decent trigger

Steel, no MIM
To me, checkering is nice, but not necessary.  

Rich
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Good sights,(night sights are a good option) good trigger, All steel, as little MIM as possible. No light rail..not needed, never were..Good mags, no magwells, either. no ambi safteys, (unless you're left handed) I like'em parked, black or OD Green as little light reflective as possible, Grips that fit your hand well, and reliable, By that I mean it can shoot at least 500 rounds without ANY faliures,With a variety of diffrent types of ammo, RN's HP's LSWC's etc, This is important if you're going to use this as a CCW. In fact, it's probably one of the most important things. Practice,practice, practice....The other most important thing. The best 1911 in the world is'nt worth a shit, if you don't know how to shoot it. and shoot it well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
ammo..............
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
the one your comfortable with, that goes bang every time you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
A Wilson CQB seems to fit the bill, or a Les Baer TRS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
5", steel frame, no mim.

what he said.

+ reliable mags.

+2

night sights and lots of checkering help out too...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Reliable
Easy to find front sight
one that you know like the back of your hand and you shoot a lot.

That is all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top