Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 4:06:18 PM EDT
I have a BHP MkIII that I need a holster for.
I like right hand, strong side, OWB holsters.
Would prefer a belt slide holster, but a paddle would be suitable.
A thumb strap would also be a plus.

Something like the Gould and Goodrich Model B809.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Comp Tac, FBI cant, full length, OWB kydex paddle.  About 65-70 bucks if I recall.  Excellent quality, excellent retention (2 tension screws).  Sits where a slide on would.  As a plus (IMHO) it's easy on, pretty easy off for car, desk, etc.  The rig is one piece so there are no seams or other weak points.

No thumb strap, but the gun is very secure with the screws dialed in correctly.  They do also make them in a belt slide but I have no experience with those.  They are however VERY flexible as far as custom making stuff so if you give them details on exactly what you want they will make it.  I had a custom OWB made for a PM-9 and I think they charged like $10 bucks over the price of the standard rig.  

Delivery was only like 2-4 weeks (it's been a while but I remember it was fast)
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Laughing quietly to myself since I think I know where your going with this request of a recommendation for a OWB holster for the BHP. There are now just too many quality custom holster makers out their to choose from to make a decison. 50 would be selling myself short. What ever you can get at the best price, fastest turn around time (some could be in stock already), style you want, color and quality your guess is as good as anyones....... It's all a matter of opinion. Then they must ride comfortably which again everyone is different on what rides well or not.

My Browning Hi-Powers ride in Kramer's IWB Horsehide, and Horseshoe Leather Products OWB leather holsters. Neither one have a thumb snap since both are custom molded and fitted and one is not necessary. Here's my Horseshoe.

www.holsters.org/

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry the only ones i can recommend are kydex; not to hijack, but dont 1911 holsters fit BHPs?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]

sorry the only ones i can recommend are kydex; not to hijack, but dont 1911 holsters fit BHPs?

If it's a standard off the shelf holster sure, a 1911 will fit. My 1911 won't even come close to fitting my shown Horseshoe Leather BHP holster. BHP's will fit into some 1911 holsters, but the fit is not secure as it should be. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a BHP MkIII that I need a holster for.
I like right hand, strong side, OWB holsters.
Would prefer a belt slide holster, but a paddle would be suitable.
A thumb strap would also be a plus.

Something like the Gould and Goodrich Model B809.
Thanks in advance.

If you want to go contemporary classic for the BHP, the Milt Sparks Roadrunner or 55BN is the rig. I believe it's been updated since, but nice gear all the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top