Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2023 9:09:48 PM EDT
Gen 5 guns- is Kragwerks the only game for a raised side release?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Kagwerks

Yeah it’s the only one I’ve ever see
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Are people known to have success with these? This is my first time seeing them. I find laying my thumb way over on my hand is uncomfortable enough that I have had a hard time turning it into muscle memory. That, and, my 43x is my only pistol that I have this issue with so I don’t like the idea of altering my grip for just one gun. They’re cheap enough I’ll have to try one
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Fixed my grip issue on my gen4 duty gun. So I bought it for my gen5 duty gun.

Not going to change the way I grip the gun. The raised levers stopped my premature slide lock issue.

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fixed my grip issue on my gen4 duty gun. So I bought it for my gen5 duty gun.

Not going to change the way I grip the gun. The raised levers stopped my premature slide lock issue.

View Quote

We went to G22’s in 1998; I have 2XL side hands- even on my issued Glock 22 I’ve never seen a Glock slide lock back on an empty mag… and lots of time trying to modify my grip, unsuccessfully, I gave up.

I want to try one of these…seems very well recommended- the price is high for what it is, though…
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, prices are high, but I tried someone's during my class and it fixed my issue so now I have three.

See if you know anyone in your area to try it to see if it fixes your issue. if you're close to NE Ohio, you can try mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My brother in law has used these on his duty guns (before they switch to Sig). He highly recommends them. I have one on my 23, and it has been great.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'll probably break down and get one of these... I'll have to shop around and try to find a deal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Kagwerks

Do it

I have 3. No issues. One of my slides is ceracoated and it can get a little sluggish but I polished the inside of the slide stop lever.

I have constant premature slide lock with Gen5 guns. I can't shoot a Glock now without one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got mine in and installed , haven’t shot it yet but it sure does seem like it’s going to work out. I ordere mine from big tex outdoors ans they sent a free pocket sized Declaration of Independence/bill of rights, pretty cool
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I have heard of complaints of the slide release rubbing so hard against the slide it is taking off the finish and slowing the slide? True?
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea mine rubs the slide. I tried prying it out a little but with not knowing the exact material it’s made of along with whether it has any heat treating, etc I didn’t get too aggressive. My 43x already has a lot of holster wear so it’s not really a huge deal to me, I’ll be in a weird spot in life if I ever find myself trying to sell this particular gun. I’ve only ran a few mags so far but it’s just barely wiping it enough to leave a black mark and doesn’t look like it’s going to wear through the finish. Slowing the slide, doesn’t seem like it
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have heard of complaints of the slide release rubbing so hard against the slide it is taking off the finish and slowing the slide? True?
View Quote

Yes.
Top Top