Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2019 12:31:39 PM EDT
Bought a TN M9A3 a while back and it has USA Trijicon H3 marked night slights.

Recently I aquired a new ODG M9A3 of Italian manufacture. Although similar, the sights are different. There are no markings, the front sight does not have a painted dot, and the rear sights have clearly visible silicone inserts, which leads to my specific problem.

On the rear sight, the silicone on one vial is bulging out of the front of the sight. If I push the silicone bulge back in, the vial pops out of the rear (and feels loose).

I haven’t shot the gun, yet. I have a feeling the vial will come out if I do.

The Trijicon marked sights seem to be much higher quality. Do the Italian guns not use Trijicon sights? On the Beretta website it appears they only sell Ameriglo sights. Maybe that’s what these are?

I guess the real question is this wonky ass sight user serviceable or do I need to send it in for warranty work? I was planning to shoot it tomorrow

Silicone bulge:
Attachment Attached File

Vial popped out of back:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Something is wrong.  I would send it back and make them fix it.  You'll eventually lose that vial while shooting.

Shoot at night so you can find the vial later.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally got around to sending it back to Beretta. They replaced both the front and rear sights with USA marked sights and seem to be of much higher quality. There is no visible silicone sleeves, and the front sight has the painted white dot like my original USA made M9A3.

Turnaround time was one week door to door.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally got around to sending it back to Beretta. They replaced both the front and rear sights with USA marked sights and seem to be of much higher quality. There is no visible silicone sleeves, and the front sight has the painted white dot like my original USA made M9A3.

Turnaround time was one week door to door.
View Quote
That’s awesome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The Italian guns are not using Ameriglos.  I assume they are some sort of OEM sight as they do not resemble any aftermarket sights that I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not like the night sights they are using now. I like the trijicons much better. I have owned two older M9A3s, and I still own one. I like them better because the front sight had white around the tritium, and silver rings around the rear tritium.

Now, the non trijicon ones do not have that setup. The white around the front dot of tritium makes it much easier to shoot the gun at an indoor range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top