Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 10:19:57 AM EDT
do these work? both pre and post ban? is either the full metal promag or metal-lined promag as good as glock factory. what about the USA and promag 30 rnd magazines? where is a good place to get cheap good glock high caps too?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to sell a lot of mags.  Most of the time Pro Mag = Junk
There are time when you will run into a batch that works well.  But never seen one I would trust my life too.
The 10 round postban Glock mags work great and can be found for $20
If you want cheap good hicap Glock mags that work really well you need to:

1. Move to another country.
2. Go back in time to 1993.
3. Work your ass off trying to make sure the ban sunsets in 2004.

Not what you wanted to hear but its the truth.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There is "good"...and there is "cheap"...and damn seldom will you find them to coincide.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it depends really what your expectations are.  I have several of the 18rd. USA mags and some of the 16 rounders as well.  Everyone of them functions fine.  They don't fit that well but for range work that's o.k.  The polymer ProMags I have also work 100% in fit and function after thousands of rounds no problems at all.  I would not however depend my life on anything other than Factory Glock Preban magazines.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO Glock factory preban or postban FML mags are the best, followed by Glock factory NFML mags, followed by FML Promags, followed by NFML Promags. I concur with Aimless on the metal mags.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I also herd that the metal mag catches will screw up your poly{plastic} mags???  sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If it is not a Glock factory magazine, DON'T BUY IT. You will not be happy with them and the money you spend to replace them will probably equal what you could have paid for a factory mag. The metal mags wil wear the mag release. Just my .02 from experience.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The FML promags work really well for me.  I wouldn't trust my life to them, but I've honestly never had a failure of any kind with one.  I got a heck of a deal on some factory normal-cap mags, so I'm selling my FML promags on the EE:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=145746
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top