Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2013 10:23:15 AM EDT
I went to my LGS Sunday looking for an Sig-556 pistol, another AR, or maybe an M1A.  They didn't have the SIG or any M1As (they normally have like 5 in stock).  So, I checked out HK Tacticals, and eyeballed some shotguns.  
And then my dumbass wandered over to the Springfield handguns.  They had a regular Operator and a lightweight Operator (I was carrying my LW Operator at the time), and a pair of TRP, one stainless, and the other was black Armory Kote.  A 1911A1 was pretty much last on my current "gotta have it" list, as I already have 4 others.  But, I asked to check it out for shits and giggles, because I wanted to pick up a more high-end 1911A1 at some time, and TRPs fit my needs.  It took maybe a minute to decide to buy the Armory Kote version.

Got it home, loaded up 13 mags for 96 rounds of FMJ, lubed the hell out of it, and took it out back.  It was worth every penny.  It's definitely a better shooter than I am.  It's will outshoot my LW Operator and just flat out embarrasses the accuracy of my regular Loaded model Springer.  I need to adjust my sights a bit more on my Gold Cup National Match a bit, so I won't say I'm 100% sure the TRP is more accurate, but it probably is.  Better accuracy than my HKs with the standard trigger.  Plus my girlfriend is better with it than her G19 (and at a longer range).

The bad:  The slide failed to lock back on one of the provided mags when empty.  And I had a Stovepipe FTE on a Chip 10 rounder.  But, I'm pretty sure the Operator has had problems with that mag also, so it's a range only mag.

It's going to replace both of the other Springers as my Old-School carry gun.

And apparently my phone takes crappy pictures in the basement.
And I apologize for not having the required pics of the girlfriend.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, I have a first gen Operator TRP with full length rail and 5" bull barrel
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The TRP Armorykote is at the top of my 1911 want list. Nice gun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Hard to beat the TRP line.  I've got a couple....

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to beat the TRP line.  I've got a couple....

SNIP...
View Quote

Hmm.  How about that.  I just added a few things to my "gotta have it" list.  That is a damn nice collection.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Very Nice Collection ! I've always had a thing for the "Half Rail" one. Probably the Highball cut. Someday.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice 1911 OP. Just picked up my fist Springfield today ( too bad it's not a 1911 ) and it's growing on me. Fired 125 rounds from my XDm 45 and not a single issue.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job OP. I've had my TRP for a few years and it never let's me down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the stainless version and absolutely LOVE it.  My first 1911 and I can't believe how accurate and soft-shooting it is.  Honestly don't feel any more recoil than my Glock 19.  This is obviously due to the increased weight of the 1911 but it really is an absolute pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Love mine

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
makes me want to pull my TRP out and play with it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
makes me want to pull my TRP out and play with it.
View Quote

you do know it doesnt stand for Tiny Rigid Penis right?  all kidding aside they are good shooters.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice pistol.  It won't be your last!  I picked up the full rail Tuesday.  Can't wait to shoot it.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w99/lavern23/null_zpse6c6194f.jpg
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my TRP.

I'm thinking I'm ready to move up to the FBI model....if I can find one. I think is over a year wait time from Springfield.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I love my TRP.

I'm thinking I'm ready to move up to the FBI model....if I can find one. I think is over a year wait time from Springfield.
View Quote

more like 2 to 3.  

on the topic of the TRP- awesome weapon.  i have 3, and have swapped the guide rod for a GI, and switched the magwells to S&A because i hate the locks.  other than that- good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top