Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:24:27 PM EDT
Glock 21Sf with the Picatany rail does you what good. It wont fit in a normal holster due to the rail. What is this for? beside a pain in my tail?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not like them sam I am.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Glock 21Sf with the Picatany rail does you what good. It wont fit in a normal holster due to the rail. What is this for? beside a pain in my tail?

PITA.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I see no purpose for it either.  Any add-on I've ever seen, such as a light or laser, will mount to the standard "Glock" rail just fine.

I believe the Picatinny rail option stemmed from the time a while back when the .mil was supposedly going to have a new round of pistol trials.  The Picatinny rail is .mil standard, and as such may provide a bit more versatility in mounting position for certain add-ons.................

But yeah, I wouldn't want one, because of the problem with finding holsters that fit it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The pic rail was part of the design request by the mil for pistol trials that never came about.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a G21SF with the pic rail... Just recently many holster manufactures are now offering holsters.  I got the pic rail because the pistol I bought was one of those walk into a gun shop and the guy who owned it previously was selling because he hates Glocks because they do not shot or feel like his 1911 so I picked it up for a good deal.  I really like the pistol I only hated trying to find a holster.  Now they make holsters for it so it is not a big deal.  I have not mounted anything other then a light so I could do without the pic rail but it does not matter anymore since I can get holsters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
G21 SF standard rail standard mag release FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
So no real USEFUL reason.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So no real USEFUL reason.

Other than what I posted above...........nope

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
GLOCK added an ambi mag release, Picatinny rail, and a FDE finish on the G21SF for a SOCOM trial. Obviously the project is dead in the water as is the Army trials. So they introduce several versions to the civilan market as did Taurus and Heckler & Koch to get some of their R&D money back and we get some great new fullsize 45's. Latest I've heard is that GLOCK is dropping the ambi release and Picatinny rail for the standard release and the standard GLOCK rail on future G21SF models. And if the rumor mill is true with the adjustable grip GLOCKs coming out this year then the SF will go the way of the buffalo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Just dont make sense to me at all even it was for the military. It may be a bit more stable with certain add ons but i cant imagine any other reason for it. Oh well thought I would ask
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just dont make sense to me at all even it was for the military. It may be a bit more stable with certain add ons but i cant imagine any other reason for it. Oh well thought I would ask

The military has to standardize their equipment to some degree other wise nothing would funtcion properly. I know just recently that I took a Streamlight TLR-1 off my GLOCK 19 to install it on my Colt equiped with a Troy MRF-C. I had to swap out the insert on the Streamlight so it could fit on my AR. With the military it's all about logistics and a standard rail system simplifies things for the boots on the ground.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Because they asked for it, for standardization.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top