Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 2:07:31 PM EDT
If you have an older PT111 G2 with sloppy magazine fit and minimal magazine release engagement, do yourself a favor and order an updated release button from Taurus.

The other(and biggest) problem with the original design is that the protrusion on the front of the release that rides in the frame isn't quite long enough. Eventually it wears a small nick in the plastic frame and the release will fall out. Replacing it now will save you a headache later.

In addition to making that protrusion slightly longer, they enlarged the area that catches the magazine slightly in both length and width. The magazine now rides higher in the mag well and the release button needs to be pushed in a bit further before the mag drops.

I feel they should supply these free as part of the warranty since the original has defective dimensions but they didn't offer(maybe they would if I griped a little), but I gladly paid $3 each plus shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top